boostrer
boostrer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:22
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
Jun 13, 2011

I am using a pedal with Express Scribe. Unfortunately, it does not support srt format, so I had to install Subtitle Workshop, which doesn't work with a pedal))). Is there any way to either teach Scribe srt or teach Workshop to recognize a pedal?

boostrer
boostrer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:22
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Jul 8, 2011

Just in case someone has a similar problem, here is my solution. I am using now Pedalware program (free). It can emulate key board and mouse functionality using foot pedals

[Edited at 2011-07-08 16:48 GMT]

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Be careful when you drive, then! Jul 9, 2011

Just for fun...

If you have to press the "clutch pedal" to rewind and get used to it, watch out when you are driving a vehicle.

Many years ago, I read the story of a commercial airplane pilot. After a long flight, he safely landed the 737 jet here in Sao Paulo, his home town (mine too!). Then he went to the airport parking lot, retrieved his car, and took the freeway, headed downtown. Suddenly he saw that the traffic had completely stopped. Instead of stepping on the br
... See more
Just for fun...

If you have to press the "clutch pedal" to rewind and get used to it, watch out when you are driving a vehicle.

Many years ago, I read the story of a commercial airplane pilot. After a long flight, he safely landed the 737 jet here in Sao Paulo, his home town (mine too!). Then he went to the airport parking lot, retrieved his car, and took the freeway, headed downtown. Suddenly he saw that the traffic had completely stopped. Instead of stepping on the brake pedal, he pulled the steering wheel - which didn't budge - towards him, and smashed his car on the stopped vehicle ahead.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does Subtitle Workshop support a pedal?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »