PDF translation with Infix PDF editor
Thread poster: icorchado (X)
icorchado (X)
icorchado (X)
Local time: 12:39
Sep 8, 2011

I am using Infix PDF editor to deal with a PDF document in which basically I can translate in the PDF directly without converting it to another format. All the layout and images remain exactly the same as in the original.

However, I am having some difficulty with titles, that in this document appear in red colour. With the rest of the text you simply type in and translate. With titles, when you click and delete the original version a shade of the same text in black remains so when
... See more
I am using Infix PDF editor to deal with a PDF document in which basically I can translate in the PDF directly without converting it to another format. All the layout and images remain exactly the same as in the original.

However, I am having some difficulty with titles, that in this document appear in red colour. With the rest of the text you simply type in and translate. With titles, when you click and delete the original version a shade of the same text in black remains so when you type in the new text it overwrites the original creating a mess with both texts appearing one over the other.

There seems not to be an option to eliminate the "black shade text" in the program???? As when you click on it it does not do anything, you cannot extract it or eliminate it.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

[Edited at 2011-09-08 10:31 GMT]
Collapse

István Hirsch
István Hirsch  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:39
English to Hungarian
Layers? Sep 8, 2011

Perhaps this can occur if the PDF has more than one layers: a first layer where you are working on and where you delete the red title, and a second layer which contains the title in black (that you cannot delete while working on the first layer). Just an idea.

If you have Infix 5.03, go to View/Layers and check this.

icorchado (X)
icorchado (X)
TOPIC STARTER
layers Sep 9, 2011

Hello Istvan.

Thank you for your comments. I followed your instructions regarding Lawyers, and the only appearing layer was "Background" which I could tick or untick. The document has a colour background. If unticked the layer, the background went white (but still showing the "shadow text" in black and not allowing to make any changes on it).

István Hirsch
István Hirsch  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:39
English to Hungarian
Further attempts Sep 10, 2011

Hello Irene,

If you have not tried yet, click on the object arrow in the toolbar then on the black shadow on the page and try to delete it ("is it an object?").

Or:

Try to lay a rectangle of suitable size and colour over the text to cover (Tool/Drawing/Rectangle tool) and try to enter the translation in the rectangle using the Text Plus Tool. If this seems to work, save and reload the file right after the first modifications to check that they have been sav
... See more
Hello Irene,

If you have not tried yet, click on the object arrow in the toolbar then on the black shadow on the page and try to delete it ("is it an object?").

Or:

Try to lay a rectangle of suitable size and colour over the text to cover (Tool/Drawing/Rectangle tool) and try to enter the translation in the rectangle using the Text Plus Tool. If this seems to work, save and reload the file right after the first modifications to check that they have been saved.
Collapse

liora (X)
liora (X)  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 14:39
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Can`t you retype the Titles inside (above) your text? Sep 10, 2011

I dont have this software. But if you can overtype the PDF with the translation, can`t you also add a title line the way you desire ? and then simply erase the problematic lines ? [excuse my ignorance - just a passerby`s comment]

icorchado (X)
icorchado (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Thx Sep 10, 2011

Thanks for your comments, it did help. I followed István's instructions and the titles did were OBJECTS, so I could remove them using the object option in the toolbar. It did not work with just one title, but I think it is a different problem, as I could remove it, but the changes were not saved (just with one title), the rest was fine.

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PDF translation with Infix PDF editor

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »