Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 15:21
English to German
+ ...
Sep 2, 2006

Hi!

I have installed IE 7.0 (actually it is great) and everytime it had resulted that outlook (2003) doesn´t go and MSN messanger cannot log-in. Can somebody tell me a workaround. Thank you in advance I personall appreciate all helping hints. Best Brandis

[Edited at 2006-09-02 08:06]

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Cryptic Clues Award Sep 2, 2006

Brandis wrote:
IE 7.0 and outlook
Hi!
I have installed IT 7.0 (actually it is great)

Perhaps you could be awarded the "Cryptic Clues Award".
Not only do you use abbreviations, but you change them in mid message.
Would you like to explain what program you have installed and what you think it is "great" for?

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I meant Internet Explorer version 7.0 Sep 2, 2006

Victor Dewsbery wrote:

Brandis wrote:
IE 7.0 and outlook
Hi!
I have installed IT 7.0 (actually it is great)

Perhaps you could be awarded the "Cryptic Clues Award".
Not only do you use abbreviations, but you change them in mid message.
Would you like to explain what program you have installed and what you think it is "great" for?
Sorry for the typo, I thought I had corrected it. Just like IE ( Internet Explorer) 6.0 there is a version 7.0, which is acatually great looks and feels, but the outlook and msn create problems. Best Brandis p.s thank you for commenting, it is a browser you know!

Paul Greer
Paul Greer
United States
Local time: 06:21
English to Arabic
+ ...
NOT YET NOT YET!!! Sep 3, 2006

Hi Brandis:

I can only say this, IE7 is not ready for a broad release yet, as it changes xhtml, dhtml and msxml *dlls needed by other service based applications.

When I installed 7.0 I found that the visual appearance is very appealing, but this application is by no means ready to be used in a production environment.

One example, if you use dhtml based application interfaces they will most likely not work anymore, e.g. McAfee Security Center.

I
... See more
Hi Brandis:

I can only say this, IE7 is not ready for a broad release yet, as it changes xhtml, dhtml and msxml *dlls needed by other service based applications.

When I installed 7.0 I found that the visual appearance is very appealing, but this application is by no means ready to be used in a production environment.

One example, if you use dhtml based application interfaces they will most likely not work anymore, e.g. McAfee Security Center.

I do like IE7 a lot and MSoft is going the right direction in browser development, but at this time 7.0 is messing too much with services and *.dlls other applications rely on. E.g. the .NET framework needed by MultiTerm.

Maybe in a couple months time it will be okay.

Just my 2 cents
Greets
T.
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Not yet, or never? Sep 3, 2006

TPW wrote:

Maybe in a couple months time it will be okay.

Just my 2 cents
Greets
T.

I don't remember when IE was free of problems.

Why to wait if there are better options.

http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/

Regards

Fernando

Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
French to English
+ ...
Stop wasting time with IE.... Sep 4, 2006

Yes, IE will soon be revolutionary, with, wait for it...., tabbed browsing and an in-built RSS reader.... Something many of us have been using for years in other browsers.

Dump IE and Outlook. I recommend Firefox for your browsing and Thunderbird for your e-mail.

PS I was forced into using IE last week, and I found it SO annoying having to have a separate window for each webpage I wanted open simultaneously. Anyone else found the same?

BelkisDV
BelkisDV  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:21
Spanish to English
+ ...
IE 7.0 is a monumental disaster Sep 7, 2006

Geez, I just posted a question regarding IE 7.0 due to the problems I'm experiencing myself. I'll just say that I do regret downloading the blasted thing, it's making it very hard for me to work.

Regards to all.

Belkis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

IE 7.0 and outlook

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »