A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]
Off topic: You're interpreting then your allergies kick in and you start sneezing. Protocol?
Téma indítója: A. da Silva
A. da Silva
A. da Silva
Japán
Local time: 05:08
portugál - angol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
I'll try it. Thank you! Sep 16, 2011

opolt wrote:

Someone once showed me a little trick to avoid sneezing: as soon as you feel the next outburst is going to happen, you take two fingers and press them against your face, between your cheeks and the wings of the nose (pretty close to the nose actually, and on both sides of course). This affects the glands such that you can avoid the nasty eruption. -- Try it once, it works rather well.

Never tried this for sneezing but will (soon probably as I'm always sneezing). But this is a technique I use when I've a cold and it decongests straight away though I also press the space between my eyebrows and also my chin. Eastern medicine is great!

A. da Silva
A. da Silva
Japán
Local time: 05:08
portugál - angol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
hahahhahahahahahaha Sep 16, 2011

Tom in London wrote:

Try interpreting in both directions, all day, at a high-powered business meeting *which you are also supposed to be attending as a key participant* in a small echoing room filled with people smoking. Try continuing to do it when everyone decides to "take a break for coffee".

Try doing the same thing again the next day.

I used to do this and it nearly killed me. By the end of the first day I was quite ill and my throat felt like sandpaper.

But I never sneezed. My biggest problem was not having time to swallow, and spraying saliva over the very important businesswoman sitting opposite me.

OMG, that seems horrible! You should get like 2 grand a day for something like this plus acupuncture and massage sessions at the end of each day. But it doesn't make me feel better about my sneezes cuz you didn't sneeze!

So Ana, I hope that makes you feel a little bit less silly for asking ! As for sneezing, amazingly, Liz's suggestion works: when you feel a sneeze coming on, just look at the brightest source of light (natural or artificial) in your surroundings. I guarantee you that your urge to sneeze will simply vanish.

[Edited at 2011-09-15 12:54 GMT]

Tom, you don't know my sneezes. They're like some new strand of super sneezes or something. I know about the source of light stopping sneezes but it's never worked for me. I'll record myself one day and you'll see

A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

You're interpreting then your allergies kick in and you start sneezing. Protocol?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »