Spanish-English Psych Evals - Rates and Research?
Thread poster: Leigh Hile
Leigh Hile
Leigh Hile
United States
Local time: 10:01
Member (2021)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 26

I was recently asked to provide interpreting services on an ongoing basis for psychological evaluations and assessments. (Think IQ tests, assessing for ADHD/autism, etc.) This is a private practice that specializes in neurospych evaluations. When I have interpreted for private law practices in my town, the rate is around $100 per hour. However, medical interpreting at hospitals is around $35 per hour. So I have no idea what kind of rate to charge here - closer hospital interpreting because it i... See more
I was recently asked to provide interpreting services on an ongoing basis for psychological evaluations and assessments. (Think IQ tests, assessing for ADHD/autism, etc.) This is a private practice that specializes in neurospych evaluations. When I have interpreted for private law practices in my town, the rate is around $100 per hour. However, medical interpreting at hospitals is around $35 per hour. So I have no idea what kind of rate to charge here - closer hospital interpreting because it is medical? Or closer to legal interpreting because it's a private practice? Does anyone have experience with this?

Also, having done one evaluation already, I can see that the language on these evals is SO specifically chosen, it needs to be translated extremely specifically as well in order to keep the results precise and consistent. Does anyone have experience interpreting neuropsych evals? And if so, what kind of resources and research did you use to prepare?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spanish-English Psych Evals - Rates and Research?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »