Translator's seal and signature in the client's original (source document)
Thread poster: Maria Antonini
Maria Antonini
Maria Antonini
United States
Local time: 13:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 27, 2011

Hello, colleagues. I would like to know what the practice is in your contexts regarding the treatment given to a client's original document submitted for translation. I work in Venezuela and I have noticed that legal translators differ in the way they treat the source document which is attached (stapled) to the translation. Some colleagues say that besides stamping and signing every page of the translation, one should stamp and sign every page of the source document attached to the translation... See more
Hello, colleagues. I would like to know what the practice is in your contexts regarding the treatment given to a client's original document submitted for translation. I work in Venezuela and I have noticed that legal translators differ in the way they treat the source document which is attached (stapled) to the translation. Some colleagues say that besides stamping and signing every page of the translation, one should stamp and sign every page of the source document attached to the translation. Others say "stamp and sign only the first page of the source document", others stamp and sign the first and last pages of the source document and still others say that they do not stamp and sign the source document at all. Any comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. María Milagros AntoniniCollapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translator's seal and signature in the client's original (source document)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »