Nelly Keavney
Nelly Keavney  Identity Verified
المملكة المتحدة
Local time: 06:26
عضو (2017)
بلغاري إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
Jun 2, 2018

As the subject topic shows, I am just stuck in "Limbo Land".

On the 27 April a follow Proz.com colleague posted a job for a short translation. After agreeing on rates and deadline and delivering the translation within few hours, I was told that I would receive the payment within 7 days.

I issued my invoice for 14 days.

This was on the 27 April.

The last correspondence I received from the colleague was on the 7 May to say that I would be paid v
... See more
As the subject topic shows, I am just stuck in "Limbo Land".

On the 27 April a follow Proz.com colleague posted a job for a short translation. After agreeing on rates and deadline and delivering the translation within few hours, I was told that I would receive the payment within 7 days.

I issued my invoice for 14 days.

This was on the 27 April.

The last correspondence I received from the colleague was on the 7 May to say that I would be paid via Paypal and not bank transfer.

I then provided my Paypal's e-mail address.

I have since not heard a reply to my 3 e-mails as to when I can except the "enormous" sum of 15.40 euro.

However, the colleague did leave a positive feedback for me about 2 weeks ago.

It is really demoralising to chase payments from agencies or colleagues.

I think Proz.com should take a stance and penalise such unethical professional attitude.

I am not able to leave a negative feedback for the colleague (no such option on Proz.com).

I am not looking for advise as to how I can get my 15.40 euro, as everyone is working hard for their money and it is not fair to be treated in this way.

Thank you,

Nelly
Collapse

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
إيطاليا
Local time: 07:26
عضو
أنجليزي إلى إيطالي
Blueboard Jun 2, 2018

Nelly Keavney wrote:

I am not able to leave a negative feedback for the colleague (no such option on Proz.com).

I believe you could simply create a Blueboard entry for them (if they haven't one yet) and leave your rating there... https://www.proz.com/blueboard/?sp_mode=add

Nelly Keavney
المملكة المتحدة
عضو (2017)
بلغاري إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Created Blue Board entry as an outsourcer Jun 2, 2018

Thank you Mirko,

As the colleague is not registered as an outsourcer (only as a freelancer), I just created an entry on the Blue Board.

Hopefully, Proz approves the entry and then I can leave some feedback there.

Cheers,

Nelly

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
إيطاليا
Local time: 07:26
عضو
أنجليزي إلى إيطالي
Hope so... Jun 2, 2018

Nelly Keavney wrote:

Thank you Mirko,

As the colleague is not registered as an outsourcer (only as a freelancer), I just created an entry on the Blue Board.

Hopefully, Proz approves the entry and then I can leave some feedback there.

You're welcome Nelly. IMO they should definitely approve it, also considering you can create BB entries for people/entities who aren't even registered on ProZ at all... Besides, this user DID outsource work to you, regardless of the descriptor they chose for themselves, and you have tangible proof (your email exchange) to back that claim...

At any rate, good luck!

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
البرتغال
عضو (2007)
أنجليزي إلى برتغالي
+ ...
@Nelly Jun 2, 2018

I can confirm what Mirko Mainardi said about creating BB entries for people who aren't even registered on ProZ as I have done this at least twice. On the other hand, I must say that every time I’ve submitted a support ticket because of a late payer Proz staff has been very helpful and quick to respond. You should give them as much proof as possible…

P.S. Did you inform the outsourcer of your payment terms and conditions before starting the translation?

Nelly Keavney
المملكة المتحدة
عضو (2017)
بلغاري إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
@ Teresa Jun 2, 2018

Informing Proz.com about my ordeal would be my last resort.

The Freelancer advised me that I would be paid within 2-3 days.

And my payment terms are usually within 14 days (I issued the invoice for 14 days).

I will give it another week before creating ticket.

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fellow Proz.com members not paying when outsourcing to others

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »