response to Karin Adamczyk
Thread poster: Chrystal
Chrystal
Chrystal
Local time: 02:30
English to French
+ ...
Oct 27, 2001

BTW, Karin, it was a hypothetical question as I haven\'t had any problemes so far.

And yes, I know how to read a contract BTW...after Law School you bet ! (I also know modesty and how not to tell people they don\'t understand a contract ))

FYI: not only I was trying to gather info...but regarding damaging the reputation of people who exploit you and don\'t pay you: a majority of translators opt for this opt
... See more
BTW, Karin, it was a hypothetical question as I haven\'t had any problemes so far.

And yes, I know how to read a contract BTW...after Law School you bet ! (I also know modesty and how not to tell people they don\'t understand a contract ))

FYI: not only I was trying to gather info...but regarding damaging the reputation of people who exploit you and don\'t pay you: a majority of translators opt for this option (i haven\'t done it yet, but might start there when a company or individual thinks they can exploit me and make profits on me....sorry!)
Collapse

Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:30
French to English
Hypothetical situation Oct 29, 2001

The text you wrote is what many people give as an example of a true situation. Your comments in parentheses made me think it was an actual situation, especially \"since I delivered the work\" and \"the agency *is* playing dead\". Given my experience in this area and the number of similarly worded messages I have seen, it was an honest mistake. After all, you did not say it was a hypothetical situation.

Regards,

Karin

If cross borders are involv
... See more
The text you wrote is what many people give as an example of a true situation. Your comments in parentheses made me think it was an actual situation, especially \"since I delivered the work\" and \"the agency *is* playing dead\". Given my experience in this area and the number of similarly worded messages I have seen, it was an honest mistake. After all, you did not say it was a hypothetical situation.

Regards,

Karin

If cross borders are involved, how does it work? For eg., a delinquent agency located in the UK, and I am in the US (a contract was formed and signed and is governed by the laws of the State of california)???

(since I delivered the work, no responses and no signs of life...basically the agency/individual is playing dead, and ignoring all mails).

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

response to Karin Adamczyk

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »