De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Oleksandr Myslivets
Oleksandr Myslivets
Oleksandr Myslivets  Identity Verified
Oekraïne
Engels naar Russisch
+ ...
Jan 15, 2013

Hello everybody!

I am wondering if anybody know how to get this feature work in linux (I have Ubuntu 12.10 installed), as there is a guide for MacOS users only on OmT web-page.

Thanx in advance.

Oleksandr

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
Verenigde Staten
Local time: 00:15
Russisch naar Engels
+ ...
What problem do you have? Jan 15, 2013

I used to use OmegaT on Ubuntu, and don't remember any special issues. Did you have a problem? Many people on the OmegaT yahoo list use Linux, notably Marc Prior, the list owner.

Oleksandr Myslivets
Oekraïne
Engels naar Russisch
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
No problems with OmT itself Jan 15, 2013

Hello Susan!

Problem lies in enabling Microsoft Translator feature. I can check this option in Machine Translation menu, I have registered in Azure marketpalce and got Primary Account Key and Customer ID required for MS translator API working. But I have no idea where should I input these data in OmT. Or maybe I have to launch OmT using a special script, but I don't know its content. That's what I need to know.

Thanx

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
Verenigde Staten
Local time: 00:15
Russisch naar Engels
+ ...
Microsoft Translator Jan 15, 2013

I have no idea. You got farther than I did with Azure Marketplace, etc. I doubt that this has anything in particular to do with Linux. Maybe somebody else will answer you here. Otherwise, try the yahoo users' group, http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/OmegaT , which gets more attention from developers.

Oleksandr Myslivets
Oekraïne
Engels naar Russisch
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Thanx, Susan Jan 15, 2013

Thank you for trying to help me.

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
Frankrijk
Local time: 06:15
Engels naar Frans
+ ...
Same as for Google Translate Jan 15, 2013

Oleksandr Myslivets wrote:
Problem lies in enabling Microsoft Translator feature. I can check this option in Machine Translation menu, I have registered in Azure marketpalce and got Primary Account Key and Customer ID required for MS translator API working. But I have no idea where should I input these data in OmT. Or maybe I have to launch OmT using a special script, but I don't know its content. That's what I need to know.

Everything needed to launch OmegaT with Google Translate applies to Microsoft Translator. The only difference are the parameters.

For Google, it's:
-Dgoogle.api.key=123456789abcdef

For Microsoft, it's
-Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=yourkey -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=123456789abcdef

So, basically, you can launch OmegaT with
java -jar -Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=yourkey -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=123456789abcdef OmegaT.jar
(everything on the same line)

Didier

Oleksandr Myslivets
Oekraïne
Engels naar Russisch
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
It works! Jan 15, 2013

Thank you, Didider!

Using your information I have edited the OmegaT launching script (I am using the latest OmegaT 2.6.1_2)
Now it has the following content

#!/bin/bash
# readlink follows any symbolic links to get the real file
REALOMEGATPATH=`dirname $(readlink -nf $0)`
"${REALOMEGATPATH}/jre/bin/java" -jar -Xmx512M -Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=Customer_ID -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=Primary_Account_Key "${REALOMEGATPATH}/OmegaT.ja
... See more
Thank you, Didider!

Using your information I have edited the OmegaT launching script (I am using the latest OmegaT 2.6.1_2)
Now it has the following content

#!/bin/bash
# readlink follows any symbolic links to get the real file
REALOMEGATPATH=`dirname $(readlink -nf $0)`
"${REALOMEGATPATH}/jre/bin/java" -jar -Xmx512M -Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=Customer_ID -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=Primary_Account_Key "${REALOMEGATPATH}/OmegaT.jar" $*

where one should change Customer_ID and Primary_Account_Key which are personal Primary Account Key and Customer ID available at Azure Marketplace account page after registration

I am sure, if one need to do the same in Windows, one can edit the OmegaT.bat file and change its content to the following:

java -jar -Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=Customer_ID -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=Primary_Account_Key OmegaT.jar %*

I have no possibility to check this out, but I think it will work. If one can and wants to try this please let us know. It will be very helpful for other collegues as there is a lack of such information.

Regards,
Oleksandr

[Редактировалось 2013-01-15 15:22 GMT]
Collapse

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
Frankrijk
Local time: 06:15
Engels naar Frans
+ ...
Under Windows, the information is in OmegaT.l4J.ini Jan 15, 2013

Oleksandr Myslivets wrote:
I am sure, if one need to do the same in Windows, one can edit the OmegaT.bat file and change its content to the following:

java -jar -Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=Customer_ID -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=Primary_Account_Key OmegaT.jar %*

There's no need to. Under Windows, one just edits OmegaT.l4J.ini, where the parameters are pre-configured:
# Microsoft Translator credentials
#-Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=xxxxx
#-Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=xxxxx

It does work (I had to test it before releasing the version).

Didier

We hebben geen speciale moderator aangesteld voor dit forum.
Wanneer u overtredingen van de sitevoorschriften wilt melden of hulp wilt hebben, neem dan contact op met ProZ.com-medewerkers »

Linux OmT Microsoft translator howto needed

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »