Machine Translation problem: Microsoft Translator doesn't work, gives "Connection reset"
Thread poster: timvaniersel
timvaniersel
timvaniersel
Taiwan
Jul 26, 2022

I've just started using OmegaT 5.7.1 and am so far failing to get the Machine Translation to work. I have entered the Microsoft (Azure) Translator subscription key in the configuration menu, but so far the Machine Translation window only shows

Connection reset

What am I missing? Could it have something to do with my work computers security system (Trend Micro Security Agent)?

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:11
Russian to English
+ ...
Ask your question at source-forge Jul 26, 2022

I don't think it has anything to do with your work on security systems. I've had the same problem for years, and decided to forget about Microsoft Translator. For MT I use Google Translate and DeepL. Since no one has answered you here, I suggest you ask your question at [email protected] and join that forum at ... See more
I don't think it has anything to do with your work on security systems. I've had the same problem for years, and decided to forget about Microsoft Translator. For MT I use Google Translate and DeepL. Since no one has answered you here, I suggest you ask your question at [email protected] and join that forum at https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/omegat-users. That forum gets more traffic than this one.Collapse

timvaniersel
timvaniersel
Taiwan
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Susan Jul 27, 2022

I'll do that, thanks Susan!

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Should this forum be closed? Jul 27, 2022

Since questions should be asked elsewhere?

Just wondering.

Susan Welsh

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:11
English to Czech
Test MyMemory (Machine) Jul 27, 2022

timvaniersel wrote:

I have entered the Microsoft (Azure) Translator subscription key in the configuration menu, but so far the Machine Translation window only shows

I do not use Microsoft Translator. I have been using local engine OPUS CAT MT and local models. It is free.

timvaniersel wrote:

Connection reset

The name of MT is displayed. Did you press OK button in OmegaT configuration menu for Microsoft Translator and on pane Machine translation?

timvaniersel wrote:

What am I missing? Could it have something to do with my work computers security system (Trend Micro Security Agent)?

Test MyMemory (Machine) for testing connection.

Milan

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Machine Translation problem: Microsoft Translator doesn't work, gives "Connection reset"

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »