ads taking precedence over user convenience?
Thread poster: lexical
lexical
lexical  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:29
Portuguese to English
Aug 15, 2011

Has anybody else noticed that the Proz.com site is very slow recently? I've noticed it at all times of the day, especially in moving from the home page to various Forum topics or to the Quick Poll discussion and back again.

The site hangs for quite a few seconds, and I receive the message "waiting for ads.proz.com". Frequently, I've given up trying to do what I was wanting to do and have gone elsewhere. From where I sit, this looks like user convenience is being sacrificed to the in
... See more
Has anybody else noticed that the Proz.com site is very slow recently? I've noticed it at all times of the day, especially in moving from the home page to various Forum topics or to the Quick Poll discussion and back again.

The site hangs for quite a few seconds, and I receive the message "waiting for ads.proz.com". Frequently, I've given up trying to do what I was wanting to do and have gone elsewhere. From where I sit, this looks like user convenience is being sacrificed to the interests of advertisers. As a paying member, I should be shielded from adverts (or so I believe), so I'm being inconvenienced for something I don't want to see/can't see/shouldn't see.

BTW, I'm viewing the site in Firefox 5.0 and have a fast internet connection.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ads taking precedence over user convenience?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »