Terms saved in glossaries do NOT show in translation glossaries (unless in the OLD term search)
Thread poster: Marco Oberto
Marco Oberto
Marco Oberto  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:21
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 15, 2021

I noticed several months ago my entries in my personal glossaries did not show when I use the proz.com/search. The only way to view them is to revert to the OLD term search, clicking on "Go back to the OLD ProZ.com term search".

I questioned the support and they confirmed there was a bug in the NEW Proz.com term search, hiding new entries like "Reflation trade" (from English into Italian).

I guessed the bug would have been analyzed and solved in the meantime, but still
... See more
I noticed several months ago my entries in my personal glossaries did not show when I use the proz.com/search. The only way to view them is to revert to the OLD term search, clicking on "Go back to the OLD ProZ.com term search".

I questioned the support and they confirmed there was a bug in the NEW Proz.com term search, hiding new entries like "Reflation trade" (from English into Italian).

I guessed the bug would have been analyzed and solved in the meantime, but still I cannot find useful terms which I added to glossaries for the benefit of our community. I'd hope the support can cope with this issue and make this service fully operational !

[Modificato alle 2021-08-15 14:45 GMT]

[Modificato alle 2021-08-15 14:46 GMT]
Collapse

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 11:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
KUDOZ Term search malfunction Aug 15, 2021

This issue has been around for ages, Marco. I presented it via support ticket in 2017 and reminded the satff about it from time to time. Just recently, October 2020, they let me know it had finally been fixed.
However, from what you say, it looks the same issue is back.

Below my complain in another thread in 2017: https://www.proz.com/forum/certified_pro_network/323977-prozcom_color_theme_–_your_feedback_is_requested_on_a_proposed_update.html#2718166
Walter Landesman wrote:
"Hi Nate,

I still don't understand why instead of coming up with nonsense new details like this color thing, PROZ team don't take care of fixing important features that don't work properly. I wrote in October letting Proz know the new system in Kudoz searches didn't work properly and showed them that by using the new system you never find some terms you do see when using the OLD system.
Their answer was "This support request is open pending internal development. Support staff will notify you here when the issue has been resolved."
That was back in October 2017! I wrote couple of times afterwards to remind them or for updates. Dead silence was the answer. The ticket is still open. The malfunction is still alive.
Please, take care of important issues like this KUDOZ Term search malfunction, not about cosmetics. KOG is one of the most important features Proz has for translators and we gladly pay to keep it working properly.
Could you let the proper people at Proz know about this and ask them to fix it, please?

Wish you luck. [Edited at 2021-08-15 18:32 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-08-15 18:33 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terms saved in glossaries do NOT show in translation glossaries (unless in the OLD term search)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »