Local time: 20:06
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 11, 2022

So, I have received this job notification a few minutes ago:

"New job posting on ProZ.com:

URL: http://www.proz.com/job/1885427

This is a private job posting. The outsourcer has chosen to make it accessible only to a specific list of eligible service providers, including you. Please note that you must log in to your ProZ.com account in order to access this job postin
... See more
So, I have received this job notification a few minutes ago:

"New job posting on ProZ.com:

URL: http://www.proz.com/job/1885427

This is a private job posting. The outsourcer has chosen to make it accessible only to a specific list of eligible service providers, including you. Please note that you must log in to your ProZ.com account in order to access this job posting.

------------
English to Portuguese

Language variant European Portuguese"

And when I clicked on the link, I got the following message:

"Something went wrong...
The outsourcer has chosen to make this a private job posting, and you do not appear to be authorized to access it. (FAQ)"

I was logged in when I saw that job post, and I'm European Portuguese.

I'm not interested in applying to this job, I just want to understand what happened, as this message doesn't make any sense at all.

Thanks.

[Edited at 2022-03-11 00:33 GMT]
Collapse

Mr. Satan (X)

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 16:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same here Mar 11, 2022

That happened to me many times, very often.
No big deal. I just delete the email and move on.

Cheers

Mr. Satan (X)
expressisverbis
Stepan Konev

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:06
French to English
. Mar 11, 2022

It's happened a couple of times. Very infuriating. We set up our profiles etc. so we get notifications of work that might interest us and then we get that.

expressisverbis
Mr. Satan (X)

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well, my first time in getting this message... Mar 11, 2022

Kay Denney wrote:

It's happened a couple of times. Very infuriating. We set up our profiles etc. so we get notifications of work that might interest us and then we get that.

... and I was expecting that someone from Proz staff could clarify this.
Oh! I don't intend to waste my time and staring at this sort of messages, so I have read and deleted it after posting this topic here
And in the meantime, we keep receiving emails such as "We need to know your availability for a translation from English into Turkish"... Brilliant
Many thanks for sharing your experiences, and a have a good weekend!

Mr. Satan (X)

Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
SITE STAFF
SITE LOCALIZER
It looks like the site is displaying a generic message instead of the correct one. Apr 18, 2022

Hi, all,

Thank you for reporting this. It looks like the job offer in question may have had already closed by the time you tried to see it on the site.

When a private job has already closed, the message should inform you that the offer has closed and is no longer available. It looks like the site is displaying a generic, "you do not appear to be authorized to access it" message instead.

I apologize for the confusion. This issue has been reported and we a
... See more
Hi, all,

Thank you for reporting this. It looks like the job offer in question may have had already closed by the time you tried to see it on the site.

When a private job has already closed, the message should inform you that the offer has closed and is no longer available. It looks like the site is displaying a generic, "you do not appear to be authorized to access it" message instead.

I apologize for the confusion. This issue has been reported and we are working on fixing it. I'll come back to this thread to let you know when we have an update.

Thank you for using the site!
Collapse

Jorge Payan
Walter Landesman
Philippe Locquet
expressisverbis
Mr. Satan (X)
Edward Potter

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, Apr 19, 2022

Andrea Capuselli wrote:

Hi, all,

I read right after I have received it by email.

Walter Landesman
Mr. Satan (X)

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
Re: Is it a bug or a joke? Apr 22, 2022

expressisverbis wrote:

I read right after I have received it by email.

Occasionally, some agencies just randomly cancel the job offers they just posted. That might be what happened in your case.

I don't take the job board very seriously these days.

expressisverbis

Katrin Braams
Katrin Braams  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:06
Member (2018)
English to German
+ ...
No, that’s not the case Apr 22, 2022

Andrea Capuselli wrote:

Hi, all,

I apologize for the confusion. This issue has been reported and we are working on fixing it. I'll come back to this thread to let you know when we have an update.

Thank you for using the site!

No, it happens quite frequently and has done so for years. It seems to be a bug. Sometimes logging out and logging in again helps.

[Edited at 2022-04-22 21:14 GMT]

[Edited at 2022-04-22 21:15 GMT]

expressisverbis

Gabriel Csaba
Gabriel Csaba  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oh my! Nov 30, 2022

Sometimes logging out and logging in again helps.

Spoken as a seasoned Windows warrior!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it a bug or a joke?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »