what is a Random HTML Template
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 05:40
English to German
+ ...
Oct 17, 2004

Hi! Lately I have found on hosting system - Randon HTML Template. It goes like this "Place one random string per line in the box below.
Then add the following tag to the page you want the random HTML snippit to appear on:" - some code follows.
I don´t know how to use it or may be one or all of you have examples, that explain what one can do with this. Thank you in advance.
Brandis

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 23:40
SITE STAFF
How to use the "Random HTML" CGI Oct 20, 2004

Hi Brandis,

I guess you are referring to the "Random HTML" script in the CGI center. This script allows you to insert random strings with HTML tags in them into your web pages. It might be used, for example, to insert random quotes into one of your pages.

To use this script, first list the random strings you want to use in the CGI Center -> Random HTML form. List one string on each line. For example, you could enter the following into that form:

<strong>This</strong> is a random line of html.
This is a <strong>second</strong> random line of html.

Remember to click "Save" when you're done entering your strings.

Then, to randomly include one of these strings on your page, first name the page with a ".shtml" extension. Then add this code where you want the random strings to appear:

For example, create a page named "random.shtml" in your public_html directory with this content:

Random

Then visit random.shtml in your browser. Click reload a few times to see the random text change.

I hope this helps.

Jason
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

what is a Random HTML Template

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »