Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:41
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jul 10, 2014

I received a message from an outsourcer via the ProZ.com Connect message center.
I replied and wanted to attach my resume, as it was requested.
But when I clicked on "Attach file", a separate pop-up appeared where I could select and upload the file, but then the only option was to "Send file", and it looked like it sent just the file to the outsourcer. THen I went back to the reply window and sent the actual reply, but that had nothing attached?
Is it how it's supposed to work?
... See more
I received a message from an outsourcer via the ProZ.com Connect message center.
But when I clicked on "Attach file", a separate pop-up appeared where I could select and upload the file, but then the only option was to "Send file", and it looked like it sent just the file to the outsourcer. THen I went back to the reply window and sent the actual reply, but that had nothing attached?
I mean - shouldn't the attached file be actually attached to the reply message, instead of being sent separately?
It is not logical, not practical, and definitely not what one would expect when clicking "Attach a file".
And when the outsourcer gets an email with no text just an attached file form somebody they don't know, would they open it? I wouldn't.

Could this be fixed, please?
Katalin
Collapse

Branka Ramadanovic
Branka Ramadanovic  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 14:41
English to Croatian
+ ...
The same thing Jul 10, 2014

happened to me just yesterday.

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Agreed that they should not be sent separately Jul 10, 2014

Katalin Horváth McClure wrote:

I mean - shouldn't the attached file be actually attached to the reply message, instead of being sent separately?
It is not logical, not practical, and definitely not what one would expect when clicking "Attach a file".
And when the outsourcer gets an email with no text just an attached file form somebody they don't know, would they open it? I wouldn't.

Could this be fixed, please?
Katalin

Hello Katalin,

While it's clear who sent the file from the email notification that the outsourcer receives, I agree that it would make much more sense for both the file and the message to be sent together, instead of separately. I've just added this suggestion to the on-going list of ideas and improvements to the Connect platform.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Best regards,

Maria

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:41
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not good enough - Jul 11, 2014

Maria Kopnitsky wrote:

I've just added this suggestion to the on-going list of ideas and improvements to the Connect platform.

Thanks, but no thanks.
I don't think this problem belongs to that ever-growing, never resolving list of ideas.
This is not an idea.
This is a bug.
The button says "Attach file". It does not attach the file.
This is a malfunctioning button.

The number one purpose of the site is to connect freelancers and outsourcers.
This bug hinders making that connection.
I think this problem deserves a little more attention than shoving it to the end of an endless list.
Fixing it probably requires a bit of programming, but probably not more than that flying tomato animation that appeared recently on the home page, and I believe it is a tad more important than that.

Please escalate the issue.
Thanks

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Looking into this being addressed Jul 11, 2014

Thanks for insisting on this, Katalin. I am looking into having the issue addressed.

Best regards,

Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Attaching a file to a Connect Center Reply

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »