Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 01:48
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The question is whether the BB is only about payment, or whether other issues count Dec 10, 2014

If the BB is only about payment, then really, only two or three ratings are required.
Either clients pay on time, or they don't.
There might be justification for marking the difference between those who pay when reminded, and those who require legal action, but I see the BB as wider in scope.

I started working with this client some years back on translations that did not require their specific CAT tool. I don't know whether they now use it fo
... See more
If the BB is only about payment, then really, only two or three ratings are required.
Either clients pay on time, or they don't.
There might be justification for marking the difference between those who pay when reminded, and those who require legal action, but I see the BB as wider in scope.

I started working with this client some years back on translations that did not require their specific CAT tool. I don't know whether they now use it for all their projects, or only some.

My personal decision is that I no longer want to work for this client at all. I now have enough to do without them. But they pay... if you can manage to submit your invoice.

I have tried the login recently, and it was still the same. That IS an issue they could do something about. I respect the need for security, but others have streamlined logins that work...

So with those two issues, I did not feel they were on a par with other clients whom I have given ratings of 5. When I do, I really mean it!

Maybe I should give a few more ratings generally - I usually only give ratings when they seriously deserve a 5 or a 1. But probably several clients should at least have a 4.
Collapse

Andrea Halbritter
Andrea Halbritter  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Not only about payment Dec 10, 2014

No, the BB is not only about payment. I think other issues are important as well and I understand that you are not entirely happy with them, I would not be neither I think.

I guess I would have given them a 4 and explain why on the BB, so it's clear for everyone.

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Their payment practices are fine Dec 10, 2014

In fact I very rarely have payment issues.
Once we have agreed on a rate, most of my clients pay promptly, and the rest after a reminder.

This client does not haggle either - I would not bother with the small jobs I have been offered. Either I would do them and move on, or I would turn them down straight off.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blue Board ratings and NOT automatically giving 5

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »