Fuzzy toolbar
Thread poster: lindaellen (X)
lindaellen (X)
lindaellen (X)

Sep 20, 2008

I have a fuzzy toolbar on the top of my PC screen. I thought I might be a problem with the Google toolbar, which I deleted and then reinstalled, but that made no difference. The rest of the screen is fine, except the bar at the bottom which is everso slightly fuzzy. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

Lindaellen

Susana Alves
Susana Alves  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:00
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Is it in all the applications or only one? Sep 20, 2008

Hi,

Are you experiencing this problem in one or all applications?

-Susana

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 18:00
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
What toolbar it is? Sep 20, 2008

Please note that for some toolbars you can set (say, Vista widgets) transparency from 0 to 100.

Uldis

lindaellen (X)
lindaellen (X)

TOPIC STARTER
Fuzziness varies Sep 21, 2008

The fuzziness varies, i.e. Excel is OK, but all of the desktop is slightly fuzzy. The toolbar for Explorer and the Google bar are the worst. As I am on Proz.com - that page is perfect. So perhaps I have accidently change the transparency of something, but what and how to get it back. Uldis and Susana, I am very grateful for your help. Thanks. Lindaellen

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:00
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
I had a similar problem Sep 21, 2008

The toolbar looked smudged, like someone had smeared it with a fingertip. Yes, the rest of the screen was fine. Weird.

However, this happened only on my stone age-backup PC, and my computer guru said that this was due to insufficient memory. Hm.

I stopped using this PC.

What is going on with yours?

lindaellen (X)
lindaellen (X)

TOPIC STARTER
More like someone tried to erase the colors Sep 21, 2008

Dear Nicole,

I still have lots of capacity (88%), and the PC is approx. 3 years old (ancient to some people, but new for me!). It looks like someone has tried to erase the colors, black seems OK, but maybe that's just because black is easier to see anyway.

Otherwise it works fine.

Thanks
Lindaellen

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:00
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
What system do you use? Windows sent a messy upgrade last week Sep 21, 2008

I am using Windows XP and Windows did a major automatic upgrade from Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 3 during the last couple of days.

It was a major upgrade, it screwed up a job of mine, it collided with my weekly hard disk scan and it collided with my scheduled hard disk backup. It was an inferno, my screen looked like being designed by Mickey Mouse in the year 1972. Then I figured out that I simply had to allow this upgrade.

Panic. I thought my PC was about to die.<
... See more
I am using Windows XP and Windows did a major automatic upgrade from Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 3 during the last couple of days.

It was a major upgrade, it screwed up a job of mine, it collided with my weekly hard disk scan and it collided with my scheduled hard disk backup. It was an inferno, my screen looked like being designed by Mickey Mouse in the year 1972. Then I figured out that I simply had to allow this upgrade.

Panic. I thought my PC was about to die.

Then all went well and things are back to normal.
Collapse

lindaellen (X)
lindaellen (X)

TOPIC STARTER
The toolbar is now OK Sep 23, 2008

This morning my toolbar had the same old story-fuzzy. About 5 minutes ago I got a notification from McAfee to restart the PC in order to finish off a download.

Lo and behold, now the toolbar is fine! Thanks McAfee?!?

Thanks everyone for your input.

Lindaellen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fuzzy toolbar

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »