Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 04:37
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Jun 21, 2009

I have written a simple tool in Excel to interpret log files from CAT tools. It gets the log data, calculates weighted word values according to the user settings and displays daily workload, daily output and projected required output for the remaining days of the project. Obviously, it can be used for a quick calculation of weighted word value based on CAT analysis.

The first version works with csv output from Trados, other CATs may be added later.

The file and the inst
... See more
I have written a simple tool in Excel to interpret log files from CAT tools. It gets the log data, calculates weighted word values according to the user settings and displays daily workload, daily output and projected required output for the remaining days of the project. Obviously, it can be used for a quick calculation of weighted word value based on CAT analysis.

The first version works with csv output from Trados, other CATs may be added later.

The file and the instructions can be found here:

http://www.manutekstura.com/Progtrados.zip

At this time I need to know several things:

1. Whether it works at all (obviously). Specifically, I am not sure all formulas will work in other language OSes.
2. What are the problems that may be encountered. Problematic csv files would be handy.
3. I do not have English Excel, so the option names in the instructions may be off - corrections would be welcome.
4. If you come up with better field names, let me know...
5. Suggestions are welcome, too. Skipping days off and holidays is planned, as well as more flexible setup of the project (right now you have to set it up on the first day of your work).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Testers needed for Excel progress report tool

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »