How can I change clients for a specific job in TO3000?
Thread poster: Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:35
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Jun 16, 2014

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know how to switch to a different client in an existing job set up in Translation Office 3000 version 11.

I've entered all the details of a job in TO3000 (I use the "non-project mode" work flow).
Now my German agency has asked me to bill its French branch for this particular job.

I've got the German and French branches set up as separate clients in TO3000 because they have different tax details.

Is there any metho
... See more
Hi everyone,

I'd like to know how to switch to a different client in an existing job set up in Translation Office 3000 version 11.

I've entered all the details of a job in TO3000 (I use the "non-project mode" work flow).
Now my German agency has asked me to bill its French branch for this particular job.

I've got the German and French branches set up as separate clients in TO3000 because they have different tax details.

Is there any method for just changing the client name for this project? I can't even clone the project because you can only do that for the same client.

If anyone can suggest a solution, it will save me from entering all the details again in a new job.

Thanks,
Emma
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Emma Jun 16, 2014

Do you have the invoice template for the French branch? If yes, I would simply choose the invoice template for invoicing them for this job, this would be the easiest solution: everything other would stay untouched.

Natalia

[Edited at 2014-06-16 15:08 GMT]

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
A common issue Jun 16, 2014

Emma Goldsmith wrote:
...Now my German agency has asked me to bill its French branch for this particular job.

I've got the German and French branches set up as separate clients in TO3000 because they have different tax details....

I know the feeling. I re-enter all info and I hate it, even if it takes 2 mins.

My alternative is to always (try to) remember to ask customers with multiple branches what entity to bill before entering job details.

You can "cheat" tweaking the printed output (templates usually have codes for company details), but the database then remains "flawed" forever.

Philippe

Emma Goldsmith
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Pros and cons of tweaking invoice printouts/templates Jun 16, 2014

Thanks for your ideas, Natalia and Philippe, but I'd like to keep my database in order, and not have uninvoiced jobs hanging around.

I've re-created the job as a new one and deleted the old one. What a waste of time.
Oh well, it's done now.

Thanks again,
Emma

Edited to correct the typo in Natalia's name

[Edited at 2014-06-16 18:35 GMT]

Natalie
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Emma, what am I missing here? Jun 16, 2014

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

... I'd like to keep my database in order, and not have uninvoiced jobs hanging around.

My suggestion was to use the invoicing template for the other branch - how could the job remain uninvoiced?

Emma Goldsmith
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Only a cosmetic change Jun 16, 2014

Natalie wrote:

My suggestion was to use the invoicing template for the other branch - how could the job remain uninvoiced?

You're right, Natalia, the job will be invoiced and the invoice will be sent to the right branch.

But ...
... if I create an invoice for the original job using a template for the second branch, the change is only cosmetic. My database (and all my accounting records) will think that the job has been paid by the first branch, not the second one.

So this method doesn't work for me.

Natalie
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Ah, I see now Jun 16, 2014

Yes, of course, nothing will change in the database in this sense...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I change clients for a specific job in TO3000?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »