Thread poster: Morning Breeze
Morning Breeze
Morning Breeze
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:58
English to Polish
May 31, 2015

Hi,

I'd be very grateful for your opinions about Speak Up English school as a franchisor. I visited their website ( http://www.speak-up.com ) and everything looks great there, but I know from experience that it is always best to get some info from inside (already requested an offer from them). Maybe someone here tried franchising with them and has some advice for me in that regard? Is it worth it? T
... See more
Hi,

I'd be very grateful for your opinions about Speak Up English school as a franchisor. I visited their website ( http://www.speak-up.com ) and everything looks great there, but I know from experience that it is always best to get some info from inside (already requested an offer from them). Maybe someone here tried franchising with them and has some advice for me in that regard? Is it worth it? They say on the website that the business is lucrative, but I'd like to verify this somehow – that's why I ask for your help. Thanks in advance,

Matt
Collapse

pejsata
pejsata
Poland
Hey Matt! Jun 3, 2015

Hey Matt

I had no idea what makes Speak Up so popular these days either, but I'm greatly interested in that school as well since one of my friends has worked for them as a contractor for over 3 years now. It turns out that Speak Up owes its popularity surge to some sort of brand new school franchise opportunities. I don't know exactly what he means by that, but I'm planning to call them on Monday to get some of my questions answered. Just like You, I'd like to set up a franchise of
... See more
Hey Matt

I had no idea what makes Speak Up so popular these days either, but I'm greatly interested in that school as well since one of my friends has worked for them as a contractor for over 3 years now. It turns out that Speak Up owes its popularity surge to some sort of brand new school franchise opportunities. I don't know exactly what he means by that, but I'm planning to call them on Monday to get some of my questions answered. Just like You, I'd like to set up a franchise of my own even though I'm not sure about the location yet. Do You think it would pay off to give Bucharest a chance? And would You perhaps be willing to share the offer You receive with me?

Lucy
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:58
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
The franchise business seems rather different Jun 3, 2015

Everything about the group-owned schools sounds okay, if it's true. Accredited by just about everyone, fully qualified and experienced teachers, etc. However, that all changes when you look specifically at the new franchising arrangements. There you read:
Our requirements:

entrepreneurial spirit
sales and marketing experience
local service industry experience
leadership

No language training experience is needed!

A rather different kettle of fish, I think!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question about language school franchise

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »