Blanca Amoroso
Blanca Amoroso  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:15
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 13, 2004

Hello,

Each time I open a translation unit in TagEditor, a message appears indicating there is no connection between Workbench and TagEditor. I loaded the DTD file. The Connect to Workbench button in TagEditor toolbar is deactivated.

However, after retrying the segment opens and the memory matches appear. This is the first time I have such a problem. Do you know what may be causing this problem and how to solve it?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.
... See more
Hello,

Each time I open a translation unit in TagEditor, a message appears indicating there is no connection between Workbench and TagEditor. I loaded the DTD file. The Connect to Workbench button in TagEditor toolbar is deactivated.

However, after retrying the segment opens and the memory matches appear. This is the first time I have such a problem. Do you know what may be causing this problem and how to solve it?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Blanca.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:15
English to German
+ ...
Languages? Oct 13, 2004

Hi Blanca,
The usual question: which version of Trados are you using?

Does this happen on a TTX file?

Are the languages in the TagEditor file matched exactly with those in Workbench? One of the most frequent reasons is a language/locale mismatch.

Best regards, Ralf

Stefan Gentz
Stefan Gentz
Local time: 20:15
English to German
+ ...
Languages must match exactly Oct 17, 2004

The "Connet to Workbench" button is greyed out if you don't have a TM open or if you are already connected to a TM. As you get matches in the TMW, you can be sure that TagEditor is already connected to the TMW. Therefore I gess Ralph is right and the languages do not match. Check if you get a warning message regarding this while opening the TTX file. I had this a couple of times because the TTX had e.g. the target language "ES-EM", but the TM was "ES-ES". The solution is to export the TM and imo... See more
The "Connet to Workbench" button is greyed out if you don't have a TM open or if you are already connected to a TM. As you get matches in the TMW, you can be sure that TagEditor is already connected to the TMW. Therefore I gess Ralph is right and the languages do not match. Check if you get a warning message regarding this while opening the TTX file. I had this a couple of times because the TTX had e.g. the target language "ES-EM", but the TM was "ES-ES". The solution is to export the TM and imort it into a new with the correct language pair OR changing the TTX-Header (second line TargetLanguage="XX") with a plain text editor like windows notepad.

Best,
*Stefan.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor/Workbench connection

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »