Trados does not process files
Thread poster: Marc Adler
Marc Adler
Marc Adler
Japanese to English
Oct 19, 2004

When I analyze/translate/clean up a file in Trados 6.5 (Word 2000, WinXP Home), Trados does everything but the operation I indicated. That is, it says "1 file processed" and if it was analyze that I was doing, it presents the buttons to export the frequent segments, etc., without actually doing whatever it was I asked it to do. The bars across the middle of the screen do not move across, and the percentage display remains at 0%.

Trados is working fine for the actual translation proc
... See more
When I analyze/translate/clean up a file in Trados 6.5 (Word 2000, WinXP Home), Trados does everything but the operation I indicated. That is, it says "1 file processed" and if it was analyze that I was doing, it presents the buttons to export the frequent segments, etc., without actually doing whatever it was I asked it to do. The bars across the middle of the screen do not move across, and the percentage display remains at 0%.

Trados is working fine for the actual translation process, however.

I tried everything, including uninstalling and then reinstalling Trados, but nothing works.

Any help will be appreciated.

Marc Adler
Collapse

Marc Adler
Marc Adler
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
found the problem Oct 19, 2004

The link to the log file had gotten broken (due to a folder in the path being renamed) and the bottom of the clean up screen (where the error is displayed) happened to be hidden behind the taskbar at the bottom of the screen.

Sorry for the bother.

Marc Adler

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:56
English to German
+ ...
No bother at all... Oct 20, 2004

...I wish all problems could be solved that way...

Best regards,
Ralf

Marc Adler
Marc Adler
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
ain't that the truth? Oct 21, 2004

You can say that again.

Marc

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados does not process files

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »