Thread poster: Stephane Millet
Stephane Millet
Stephane Millet  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:19
German to French
+ ...
Oct 19, 2004

Hello,

I have a problem. I don't see the trados toolbar in my word document. Where can i find it

thank you for your help

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:19
English to German
+ ...
More details, please... Oct 19, 2004

Hi 'millet',
When asking for support, it's a good idea to indicate the software versions you're using. The minimum information normally required is the full Trados version number; and in this case, it's essential that you tell us which Word version you use.

You might also want to use the forum search function, using 'taskbar' as the search criterion.

Best regards, Ralf

Maria Otero
Maria Otero  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Problems with trados template Oct 20, 2004

Hi, that problem sometimes happens to me, and it is a problem with the Trados.dot template.

I have found in Trados knowledge base how to fix this.

As you have not specified you version, I will write what it says in the knowledge base, and then you decide if it applies to your version of Trados and Word.

Applies to: Translator's Workbench 1.x, Translator's Workbench 2.x/TagEditor, Translator's Workbench 3/TagEditor, Translator's Workbench 5/5.5, Translator's
... See more
Hi, that problem sometimes happens to me, and it is a problem with the Trados.dot template.

I have found in Trados knowledge base how to fix this.

As you have not specified you version, I will write what it says in the knowledge base, and then you decide if it applies to your version of Trados and Word.

Applies to: Translator's Workbench 1.x, Translator's Workbench 2.x/TagEditor, Translator's Workbench 3/TagEditor, Translator's Workbench 5/5.5, Translator's Workbench 6 and 6.5.
Environment: MS Word 2000, MS Word 6.0, MS Word 7.0 (95), MS Word 8.0 (97), MS Word XP (2002) and MS Word 2003.

STEPS
Start by removing all other templates from the Word Startup folder. This will avoid any conflicts between templates:
1. Close Word and Translator's Workbench.
2. Open Windows Explorer.
3. Go to the Startup folder located in the MS Office program folder (normally C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeStartup).
4. Select all files or templates (*.dot files) other than TRADOS6.dot.
5. Cut the selected templates and paste them into the Template folder found in the Microsoft Office program folder (C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeTemplates).

To restore the Normal.dot and TRADOS6.dot templates:
1. Close Word and Translator's Workbench.
2. Open Windows Explorer.
3. Go to the folder where Normal.dot is stored. To locate this folder, go to Start->Find->Files or Folders and search for Normal.dot.
4. Rename this file Normal.old. If there is more than one, rename them all.
5. Use Start->Find->Files or Folders again to find all copies of TRADOS6.dot.
6. Delete all of them except the copy in the Templates folder (this is the Translation Tools installation folder, located at C:Program FilesTRADOST6_LSPTT, T6_TMTT or T6_FLTT).
7. Start Word. The Workbench toolbar should now not appear. Close Word.
8. To install a new copy of TRADOS6.dot, go to the Translation Tools installation folder (C:Program FilesTRADOST6_LSP, T6_TM or T6_FL), copy TRADOS6.dot and paste it into the Word Startup folder (normally C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeStartup).
9. Start Word. During the launch, Word creates a new Normal.dot and re-loads TRADOS6.dot. The TRADOS Workbench toolbar should appear in Word.

NOTE
If you are using TRADOS 5.x, the template is called TRADOS5.dot and is located in C:Program FilesTRADOST5 or T5_FLTTTemplates.
If you are using Edition 3, the template is called tw4win2k.dot and is located in C:Program FilesTradosTeam-3 or Freelance-3tw4win.
If you are using Edition 1, the template is called tw4win97.dot and is located in C:Program FilesTradosTeam or Freelancetw4win.

I hope this helps, it has worked for me.

Good luck.

Carolina

PS; The faces appear automatically.

[Edited at 2004-10-20 07:59]

[Edited at 2004-10-20 08:00]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Toolbar on Word not appearing

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »