Translated text colours
Thread poster: Simoontje
Simoontje
Simoontje
English
Oct 20, 2004

At my company we just started using trados 6.5 (6.5.5 build 438). I adapted the translated text colours to:

Source: unchanged
Target (100%): Dark Cyan
Target (Fuzzy match): Dark magenta

However, when I translate a text that has 100% matches, fuzzy matches and new segments, after I close the segment, they all became dark cyan. The same happens when I pre-translate (I only pre-translate 100% matches in order not to miss any changes).
Since we get a lot
... See more
At my company we just started using trados 6.5 (6.5.5 build 438). I adapted the translated text colours to:

Source: unchanged
Target (100%): Dark Cyan
Target (Fuzzy match): Dark magenta

However, when I translate a text that has 100% matches, fuzzy matches and new segments, after I close the segment, they all became dark cyan. The same happens when I pre-translate (I only pre-translate 100% matches in order not to miss any changes).
Since we get a lot of updates on texts that have only recently be translated, I don't (always) want to review my 100% matches. I called Trados support, and according to them 'when you validate a segment, it is regarded as a 100%'. With Trados 3 it was possible to produce a bilingual file (and actually also in WordFast), hence improving the review process. Is there a workaround for this problem?
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:15
English to French
Pretranslate all (segmenting unknown segments) using your colours Oct 20, 2004

and switch to Unchanged for all colours before proceeding with your files. I think I used this workaround for the same kind of issue with Trados 5.5. A bit tedious though, and you have to remember to put colours back on every time...
Hope it helps,
Philippe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated text colours

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »