Thread poster: Heras
Heras
Heras  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:04
French to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 21, 2004

I have a translation in Powerpoint, and I use T-Window for Powerpoint (Trados 6.5 FL). My OS is Windows XP Home and Powerpoint is 2000. The problem is this: after opening T-Window, Trados Workbench and the Powerpoint file that I want to translate, I click on Trados Open/get for the first TU, and in this moment all disappears: the PPT file, T-Window. Trados Workbench looses any link to Multiterm.
Does anyone have a solution? Thanks indeed.
Andres

Shang
Shang
China
Local time: 21:04
English to Chinese
try TagEditor Oct 21, 2004

You can open and translate the PowerPoint file with TagEditor.

Edmund Shang

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Definitly TagEditor Oct 21, 2004

If you have the latest Trados release, you should handle ppt-files very easily. Open your ppt with TE and it will convert it into a ttx-file, which you can translate as usual. Once translated, save the target file as a ppt and TE will convert it back (converting may take quite long if the files are large ones). You have to check the formatting then.

HTH,
Sylvain

Roberta Francetich
Roberta Francetich
English to Italian
+ ...
Saving the file before finishing the translation Oct 21, 2004

Hi, I'm Roberta.

I have a question about saving ppt files translating with TE.
If I have to deliver part of the translated text bofore completing the whole translation. I use the: Save target.. command. But then when I close the TE file it asks me if I want to save and I sey yes... but then I have problems...
Can someone explain me the right procedure?
Thank you!

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Can you describe the problems in more detail? Oct 21, 2004

Hi Roberta,

But then when I close the TE file it asks me if I want to save and I sey yes...

I suppose this then refers to the TTX file, right?

but then I have problems...

It's a bit difficult to offer remedies without knowing exactly what the problem is. Can you please provide more details?

Cheers, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

T-Window for Powerpoint

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »