Any Trados 5.5 user manuals?
Iniziatore argomento: Beth Fagnant
Beth Fagnant
Beth Fagnant  Identity Verified
Spagna
Da Spagnolo a Inglese
+ ...
Dec 12, 2004

Hi, I purchased Trados 5.5 on ebay and the program came without the user manuals, I contacted Trados to get the license changed to me, but they can't help in regards to the manual !!!???!!!!! Does anyone happen to have any copies????

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:00
Da Inglese a Cinese
+ ...
Their manual is useless Dec 12, 2004

They do have a manual coming with the program. However, the manual is totally useless when it comes to actual use of workbench, tageditor and etc. You may download Trados documentation from their translationzone or look for the documentation folder in the CD or in your hard disk once the program is installed.

Beth Fagnant wrote:

Hi, I purchased Trados 5.5 on ebay and the program came without the user manuals, I contacted Trados to get the license changed to me, but they can't help in regards to the manual !!!???!!!!! Does anyone happen to have any copies????

Jing Nie
Jing Nie
Cina
Local time: 07:00
Membro (2011)
Da Inglese a Cinese
+ ...
You may find here. Dec 12, 2004

ftp://download.trados.com

there is a tutorial in this site.
I hope it will be helpful.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 01:00
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
Use the T6.5 documentation Dec 12, 2004

Hi Beth,
You can download the documentation for T6.5 from TranslationZone; the 'look-and-feel' is the same. There are, of course, certain functions which were added in T6.0 and T6.5, which will not be available in T5.5 - for example, the ability to translate PPT and XLS files in TagEditor, or the QuickEdit function in WinAlign.

I contacted Trados to get the license changed to me

That isn't necessary, as your license is evidenced by the hardware key ('dongle') you should have received from the seller.

Best regards,
Ralf

PS Also download the interactive Tutorials from TranslationZone.

[Edited at 2004-12-12 08:06]

Beth Fagnant
Beth Fagnant  Identity Verified
Spagna
Da Spagnolo a Inglese
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
Thanks to all! Dec 12, 2004

Hi,

Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it!!

Beth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any Trados 5.5 user manuals?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »