No matches in Workbench althouhg already translated
Thread poster: Angela Kosler
Angela Kosler
Angela Kosler  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:55
English to German
Mar 17, 2005

hello, after my pc crashed just a moment ago, the complete translation I did this morning is gone - the automatically stored word-document could not be opened and the original-word document contains none of the changes i made. this happened to me before, but i could retrieve the translation units via my trados-workbench. but there are no matches in the workbench now, although i have translated everything as usual. can anybody help? how can i get the translation back (or the document)??

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
What are your system and software specifics? Mar 17, 2005

Hi AKÜbersetzungen!

What operating system are you using, which version of Word (I'm just guessing that you're using Word) and what specific version of Trados Workbench did you have running (build number). You can find your build number in Workbench under Help, -> About...

Kind regards,

Alison

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Translate again Mar 17, 2005

Sometimes, when PC or Trados crashes, TM doesn't contain the latest segments. They are simply lost. You will probably have to translate that part of the document again. You should also reorganise TM.

Maria Asis
Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try Reorganise Mar 17, 2005

Hi AKÜbersetzungen,

The same happened to me yesterday.

I decided to give Reorganise a chance, though it was not recommended yet, and it worked!

Luck!

María José

Angela Kosler
Angela Kosler  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the suggestion to reorganise! Mar 18, 2005

Maria Asis wrote:

Hi AKÜbersetzungen,

The same happened to me yesterday.

I decided to give Reorganise a chance, though it was not recommended yet, and it worked!

Luck!

María José

Dear María,

unfortunately i was in such a hurry that your suggestion came too late and i have had to translate everything again. but i will try it with the reorganisation next time - which hopefully will not occur very soon!! ;o)

Thanks a lot, also to the others.
Angela

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No matches in Workbench althouhg already translated

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »