Help with Trados studio 22 - "the image was moved from a paragraph to another"
Thread poster: smtranslatorguy
Mar 9, 2023

Hello everyone and thanks to everybody who will read and/or answer
So I was working on this project and I was trying to save the target file as usual, but found it was impossible due to this error message that kept appearing , saying an image had been moved from a paragraph to another (unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible to upload images on here)
I've looked around and the possible reasons I've found for this were either the fact it might be a malformed source document, or
... See more
Hello everyone and thanks to everybody who will read and/or answer
So I was working on this project and I was trying to save the target file as usual, but found it was impossible due to this error message that kept appearing , saying an image had been moved from a paragraph to another (unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible to upload images on here)
I've looked around and the possible reasons I've found for this were either the fact it might be a malformed source document, or the consequence of segments merging. (I have definitely merged some segments)
Anyway the only solution I've found among the trados community threads were:
1. upload the same document, with a different filename, in the same project, and make a quick export of the target document (didn't work - had the same issue)
I've also tried to upload it directly in .word (it's a pdf) but to no use
2. manually delete the image that's causing the issue (it's 350 pages, with lots of images that I need in the target document. Even if I wanted to find the problematic image, there's no way to identify it since the filename is not visible in the source text, both in pdf and word, I should basically delete them all)
So I'm out here looking for solutions, I opened a ticket with the guys at RWS but it's going to take some time (I assume their first reply will be a mention of the same solutions I've listed above), anyone who's had the same issue and found an "ignorant" way to solve it, anything's welcome.
Thanks again
ps. might fall asleep during the evening but I'm reading all replies in the morning!
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:34
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Check tags Mar 9, 2023

Go to Review, use the Quality Control feature, and check tags. It seems that a tag containing information about the image has been misplaced or deleted. Once the missing/swithched tag has been replaced, the issue will be solved.

Jorge Payan

smtranslatorguy
smtranslatorguy
Italy
TOPIC STARTER
Giving me hope! Mar 9, 2023

Thank you for commenting, I will try that first thing in the morning and ill let you know

smtranslatorguy
smtranslatorguy
Italy
TOPIC STARTER
Didnt work, probably was me Mar 10, 2023

Ok so I tried what you suggested and as soon as I clicked on the quality control a message popped up, saying I needed to “set the categories and the gravity levels” (don’t know if that’s the exact English terms, I use the Italian language version) before I could use the feature
I tried setting up some random parameters and then I hit “verify”, it actually found some misplaced tags that I was able to adjust, but all the tags were about bold, or font color, etc. I couldn’t eve
... See more
Ok so I tried what you suggested and as soon as I clicked on the quality control a message popped up, saying I needed to “set the categories and the gravity levels” (don’t know if that’s the exact English terms, I use the Italian language version) before I could use the feature
I tried setting up some random parameters and then I hit “verify”, it actually found some misplaced tags that I was able to adjust, but all the tags were about bold, or font color, etc. I couldn’t even find any tags related to any image
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:34
English to Russian
Don't merge segments with pictures Mar 10, 2023

First, uncheck the box that hides empty segments after you merge segments. Go to File - Options - Editor - Automation - uncheck the 'Hide empty segments that have been merged' box. This way you would be able to see the merged segments.
Second, avoid merging segments with images. This is notably critical when you merge across paragraphs.

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Search for pictures Mar 10, 2023

smtranslatorguy wrote:
I couldn’t even find any tags related to any image
You can find it via ADF: Content tab - Type picture in the 'Source' text field and click the 'Search in tag content' radio button - click Apply Filter.

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Error severity levels Mar 10, 2023

smtranslatorguy wrote:

Ok so I tried what you suggested and as soon as I clicked on the quality control a message popped up, saying I needed to “set the categories and the gravity levels”
Probably it stands for severity. You can find it here: Project Settings - Verification - Tag verifier - Common. Check the boxes and assign severity or simply click 'Reset to Defaults'.

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 08:34
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Forced page breaks Mar 10, 2023

It happened to me when I fiddled with page breaks in order to merge paragraphs from one page to the next one. I solved the issue by replacing them in the positions they appeared in the source file and merging the paragraphs in the translated (target) file.

[Edited at 2023-03-10 18:27 GMT]

smtranslatorguy

smtranslatorguy
smtranslatorguy
Italy
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the replies Mar 15, 2023

Thanks to everyone who posted
unfortunately, because of crazy weekend/busy start of the week, I wasn't able to answer you, anyway I solved the issue by separating the part of the document I needed the most and trying to export a translated file for that portion only, in hope that the issue was coming from the non-relevant part. Fortunately, that was the case, and I was able to export at least the translation for that portion. Not really a solution, and I am pretty certain that I will be fa
... See more
Thanks to everyone who posted
unfortunately, because of crazy weekend/busy start of the week, I wasn't able to answer you, anyway I solved the issue by separating the part of the document I needed the most and trying to export a translated file for that portion only, in hope that the issue was coming from the non-relevant part. Fortunately, that was the case, and I was able to export at least the translation for that portion. Not really a solution, and I am pretty certain that I will be faced with the same issue in the near future.
Anyway, now I'm having a new, unrelated issue that doesn't even allow me to open Studio, so I'm unable to give all of your suggestions a try.
@Stepan Konev thanks for all the tips, it didn't look to me that there were any image tags in the document (it's a 350+ pages doc so I might be wrong, but it would be hard and time-consuming to check through all of them), but I'm sure there weren't any in the list of "problematic" tags that the quality control reported back to me.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with Trados studio 22 - "the image was moved from a paragraph to another"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »