Thread poster: Van Sambeek (X)
Van Sambeek (X)
Van Sambeek (X)
Local time: 10:20
English to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 22, 2011

Hi there,

Does anyone have a solution for my small problem?
I lost my settings and copied an old PRF-file to put them back.
I used to have text from dictionary entries in red, but now I can only change the backgournd colour, not the font.
Does anyone know the answer, the manual doesn't help....

Thanks in advance!

Leon

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Doesn't appear to be an option Feb 23, 2011

Hi Leon,

I only see the option of changing the background in my user settings. I would also prefer to have the dictionary terms in red as in Transit XV but I haven't seen an option to do this.

Cheers,
Jill

Iris Kleinophorst
Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Chinese to German
+ ...
Found the solution! Oct 12, 2013

Thanks to a very experienced and well-connected friend, I finally figured out how to adjust the general settings so that dictionary entries in the original/target language window are displayed in a separate font color instead of background color. You have to add the following two lines to the starte.ini (under [options]):

; DictFontColor default=0
DictFontColor=1

After that, choose your preferred color in User Preferences - Colours and fonts.

If you a
... See more
Thanks to a very experienced and well-connected friend, I finally figured out how to adjust the general settings so that dictionary entries in the original/target language window are displayed in a separate font color instead of background color. You have to add the following two lines to the starte.ini (under [options]):

; DictFontColor default=0
DictFontColor=1

After that, choose your preferred color in User Preferences - Colours and fonts.

If you ask me that clearly is a bug!

Now if only I could remember what I hacked to override the (totally stupid) rule that Freelance Pro only allows three different dictionaries per project...

HTH
Iris
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

colour of dictionary entries Transit NXT Pro

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »