Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:09
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 25, 2012

When using Transit NXT I usually create new projects assigning them a wrong customer, and now I have a real mess of projects and customers.

For instance, in the following example, the project "EXAMPLE1" was assigned to client "Clarisa", but it should have been assigned to client "EXTERNAL" (please note that all names are just fantasy names).

I use a default folder hierarchy "customer/project", and when I created the translation project EXAMPLE1 I wrongly located
... See more
When using Transit NXT I usually create new projects assigning them a wrong customer, and now I have a real mess of projects and customers.

For instance, in the following example, the project "EXAMPLE1" was assigned to client "Clarisa", but it should have been assigned to client "EXTERNAL" (please note that all names are just fantasy names).

I use a default folder hierarchy "customer/project", and when I created the translation project EXAMPLE1 I wrongly located at:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Transit NXT\projects\Clarisa\EXAMPLE1\

While it should have been located the the External client folder, as follows:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Transit NXT\projects\External\EXAMPLE1\

I have plenty of projects located in the wrong "customer/project" folders, and I would like to correct them. If I move the entire project folders to the right customer folder, how do I teach Transit that I have done those changes by hand? Is there a smarter way to move the projects to the right client folder?

Regards

Clarisa
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TC and WE? Sep 26, 2012

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

If I move the entire project folders to the right customer folder, how do I teach Transit that I have done those changes by hand? Is there a smarter way to move the projects to the right client folder?

For the moving I'd use TotalCommander from www.ghisler.com.

For changing the client/folder info inside the language pairs I'd use WildEdit from www.textpad.com. Please select UTF-16 as a file type.

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:09
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Files to edit Sep 26, 2012

Hans Lenting wrote:

For changing the client/folder info inside the language pairs I'd use WildEdit from www.textpad.com. Please select UTF-16 as a file type.

Which are the files to be edited to update the new route information?

Regards

Clarisa

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
folder Feb 8, 2013

All changes should be made in PRJ-Files, which are in Transit NXT\config\customers
Edit the customer position and move the file to the corresponding folder.

Campman
Campman  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:09
English to Dutch
+ ...
*.PRJ in Transit NXT\config\global Feb 12, 2013

My Customer Folders in the path \Transit NXT\config\customers are all empty, so I don't have exactly the same setting as you Clarissa, but it is very easy to change *.prj files using the standard text editor (notepad).

In my system the *.prj files are located in the path: \Transit NXT\config\global
Open the *.prj file with Notepad and simply change the name after "Customer="
Restart Transit and you'll see your changes have been implemented.

If you changed
... See more
My Customer Folders in the path \Transit NXT\config\customers are all empty, so I don't have exactly the same setting as you Clarissa, but it is very easy to change *.prj files using the standard text editor (notepad).

In my system the *.prj files are located in the path: \Transit NXT\config\global
Open the *.prj file with Notepad and simply change the name after "Customer="
Restart Transit and you'll see your changes have been implemented.

If you changed the "physical file name" (the name you see in Windows Navigator) make sure that the references in the *.prj file point to the correct (altered) physical file name.
(in the *.prj file, just use Ctrl+F to find these references and correct if necessary).

I had to make some changes too, not too many so I preferred doing it manually. I suppose that for large amounts of files/projects/customers software like Wildedit comes in handy.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing wrong "customer" in created projects

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »