Transit NXT: Why 99% match for a (to the eye) 100% match?
Thread poster: Campman
Campman
Campman  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:36
English to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 3, 2013

Often Transit NXT gives a 99% match and I am unable to see why it is not considered a 100% match.
Nothing is marked, not even a dot, comma or space, upper and lower case are identical, and still Transit NXT does not consider it a 100% match.
Could there be hidden differences? If so, how do I "unhide" them?

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
hidden characters Feb 3, 2013

Still, there can be some minor differences, which are not shown, like mark-ups, special characters, numbers, last sentence character, different space characters etc.

Please make a screenshot next time and show it to us, I could try to tell, why this one is considered as a 99% match.

Also, try to select a view, which also shows you space characters - there are for example normal space characters and protected - these are shon as equal but with an appropriate view you wil
... See more
Still, there can be some minor differences, which are not shown, like mark-ups, special characters, numbers, last sentence character, different space characters etc.

Please make a screenshot next time and show it to us, I could try to tell, why this one is considered as a 99% match.

Also, try to select a view, which also shows you space characters - there are for example normal space characters and protected - these are shon as equal but with an appropriate view you will see, that these are different.
Collapse

Campman
Campman  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:36
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
View|Text/Markups|Special characters & Markups Feb 3, 2013

Thank you.
In View|Text/Markups|Special characters & Markups I ticked "Special Characters" and ticked "short" for "view markups", I think that will help.

BTW what is a "last sentence character" and "different space character" / "protected space character"?

[Edited at 2013-02-03 17:24 GMT]

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
explanation Feb 4, 2013

"last sentence character"
Sorry, I meant punctuation marks like "." or ". " or "!" or ";" etc. There can also be space characters after punctuation marks.

"different space character" / "protected space character"
I meant "whitespace characters".
Because there are many different types of such characters - some languages use multiple characters (like French).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit NXT: Why 99% match for a (to the eye) 100% match?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »