Thread poster: Campman
Campman
Campman  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:32
English to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 8, 2013

I noticed in Transit NXT the inconvenience that pop-up windows never open completely. They only show half of the buttons and they don't have this handy square in the right upper corner, next to the cross symbol (close window) that comes with virtually every application in Windows.

I need to pull the window open with mouse, vertically AND horizontally, to see the full window and the essential button (start action) which usually sits in the bottom.

My monitor isn't parti
... See more
I noticed in Transit NXT the inconvenience that pop-up windows never open completely. They only show half of the buttons and they don't have this handy square in the right upper corner, next to the cross symbol (close window) that comes with virtually every application in Windows.

I need to pull the window open with mouse, vertically AND horizontally, to see the full window and the essential button (start action) which usually sits in the bottom.

My monitor isn't particularly small, but does this behaviour of Transit NXT pop-up windows change on (extra) large monitors? Do the Transit NXT pop-up windows ever open completely, all buttons immediately visible, with one keystroke?
Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
save Feb 8, 2013

You should go either "View-Save" or "Windows-Save" (or maybe both, I do not exactly remember) when the windows' sizes are as you like them; and those sizes should be preserved for opening them next time.

HTH

Antonin

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
make sure Feb 8, 2013

make sure you have fulfilled the minimum requirements for resolution (1280x1024!)

Campman
Campman  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
View|Manage View| doesn't work Feb 8, 2013

The tab View|Manage View| doesn't really do something here on my computer. I defined, named & saved a personal view but it does not load automatically when I restart Transit.

Besides, I don't think this functionality (if it would work) affects pop-up windows, but only the "working windows".

What I did notice however is that after I pulled the Find&Replace window open, these settings remain during one session. After closing & restarting Transit, I have to pull two borde
... See more
The tab View|Manage View| doesn't really do something here on my computer. I defined, named & saved a personal view but it does not load automatically when I restart Transit.

Besides, I don't think this functionality (if it would work) affects pop-up windows, but only the "working windows".

What I did notice however is that after I pulled the Find&Replace window open, these settings remain during one session. After closing & restarting Transit, I have to pull two borders open again to make the content of the pop-up window visible.

And I stil can't use the Esc key to close....
Collapse

springhao
springhao

Local time: 13:32
I have the same problem Jul 30, 2013

Star - please solve it.

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
role Sep 18, 2013

This is not a bug.
This has to do with roles and assigned views.
Every role in Transit has a view assigned to it. Whenever you start as e.g. Super-User, the view setting NXT11 is loaded. Some roles are predefined and you can't edit the assigned views. If you want Transit to load your own view, create a new role (e.g. copy of Super-User) and assign your view to this role. Start Transit always with this role and the configured view will be opened.

[Edited at 2013-09-18 13:19 GMT
... See more
This is not a bug.
This has to do with roles and assigned views.
Every role in Transit has a view assigned to it. Whenever you start as e.g. Super-User, the view setting NXT11 is loaded. Some roles are predefined and you can't edit the assigned views. If you want Transit to load your own view, create a new role (e.g. copy of Super-User) and assign your view to this role. Start Transit always with this role and the configured view will be opened.

[Edited at 2013-09-18 13:19 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit NXT: pop-up windows never open full size - essential buttons invisible

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »