"Cannot create file" errors - Win7 64 bit, Transit NXT SP6 Freelance
Thread poster: trans-lite
trans-lite
trans-lite
Local time: 15:29
Apr 28, 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm a fresh Transit user. I just bought it today, installed and activated. I tried using it for translation of a project I got from my customer.

I'm using Win7 64 bit, Transit NXT SP6 Freelance

Both with my customer's project and with the Transit example project "Nxt_Word" I get the same errors.
Then I open a project I get the following three error messages:

Cannot create file 'xxx'
where "xxx" is a full path:
... See more
Hello everyone,

I'm a fresh Transit user. I just bought it today, installed and activated. I tried using it for translation of a project I got from my customer.

I'm using Win7 64 bit, Transit NXT SP6 Freelance

Both with my customer's project and with the Transit example project "Nxt_Word" I get the same errors.
Then I open a project I get the following three error messages:

Cannot create file 'xxx'
where "xxx" is a full path:
"c:\Users\Public\Documents\Transit NXT\config\global\DEF_ENG.RWD"
"...\DEF_ENG.HWD"
"...\DEF_ENG.TWD"

Then the project opens (Termstar (project dictionaries) apears). But when I choose a language pair I get additional messages:

Cannot create file 'xxx'
where "xxx" is a full path to a file belonging to the project - for example

"C:\Users\Public\Document\Transit NXT\projects\Nxt_Word\About_Transit NXT.ENG", then the same error for file "About_Transit NXT.DEU"

When I browse to that location - all files including the ones that the error messages regard are there.
I tried reinstalling Transit, and rebooting Windows

I'd be very grateful for any help!

[Edited at 2013-04-29 07:02 GMT]

UPDATE

Problem solved (kind of). I reinstalled Windows, since I didn't have any idea what else to do.
So if anyone has an idea how to solve such problem - please post, but I won't have the opportunity to test it.

[Edited at 2013-04-29 22:22 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Cannot create file" errors - Win7 64 bit, Transit NXT SP6 Freelance

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »