External Proofreading
Thread poster: Anne Standal
Anne Standal
Anne Standal  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:13
German to Norwegian
+ ...
Aug 12, 2013

I have Transit NXT Freelance lisence (SP 6) and need to send my translation to a proofreader who doesn't have Transit. How do I go about doing this? I rememer there was an option for exporting language pairs to bilingual Word tables for proofreading, but this was years ago and probaly in Transit XV.

wilhelm_zwo (X)
wilhelm_zwo (X)
Netherlands
German to Dutch
Print to PDF Aug 13, 2013

How about printing language pairs to PDF?

Anne Standal
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Would have been an alternative if I could make it work Aug 14, 2013

Thanks for your reply. If I could make it work, this would have been an option, but strangely nothing happens when I try (as described in the documentation, I have deselected the Print to File option). Printing to PDF from other applications works, but unfortunately not from my Transit NXT installation. I can however print to xps format.

Anyway I think that a bilingual Word table would be better as corrections can easily be made with track changes. PDF readers do in my experience no
... See more
Thanks for your reply. If I could make it work, this would have been an option, but strangely nothing happens when I try (as described in the documentation, I have deselected the Print to File option). Printing to PDF from other applications works, but unfortunately not from my Transit NXT installation. I can however print to xps format.

Anyway I think that a bilingual Word table would be better as corrections can easily be made with track changes. PDF readers do in my experience not have this option. That's why I haven't focused on the PDF problem as yet, but perhaps I have to

[Edited at 2013-08-14 06:17 GMT]
Collapse

wilhelm_zwo (X)
wilhelm_zwo (X)
Netherlands
German to Dutch
Installl FreePDF Aug 14, 2013

You'll have to install FreePDF first. Then you convert the PDF to Word via SolidPDF or a free tool. Then you can track changes. Yes, I know ... a lot of steps.

http://freepdfxp.de

http://www.pdftoword.com etc.

Anne Standal
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 14, 2013

Thank you for this workaround. It's a great help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

External Proofreading

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »