Lorenza Valt
Lorenza Valt  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:29
German to Italian
+ ...
Oct 18, 2013

Hi everybody!

I've just reinstalled my Transit NXT on my PC, with the last service pack. Now I'm finishing a translation with target language Italian (Switzerland) and I'm not able to do the spellcheck.

a) If I select "Based on Openoffice (Hunspell)", the following message appears "Spellchecker for Italian (CH) not selected/installed.

b) If I select "based on Microsoft Word", the spellchecker finds no error.

I've also tried to copy the openoff
... See more
Hi everybody!

I've just reinstalled my Transit NXT on my PC, with the last service pack. Now I'm finishing a translation with target language Italian (Switzerland) and I'm not able to do the spellcheck.

a) If I select "Based on Openoffice (Hunspell)", the following message appears "Spellchecker for Italian (CH) not selected/installed.

b) If I select "based on Microsoft Word", the spellchecker finds no error.

I've also tried to copy the openoffice spellcheck files into the program folder, as I did in the previous installation (even if they should be already integrated with the new SP), but nothing happens. Anyone can help me?

Thank you in advance!

Lorenza Valt
Collapse

Possible solutions for Italo-Swiss spellchecking... Oct 18, 2013

Hi Lorenza,

two spellcheckers don't work? Strange...

1) OpenOffice: Are you sure that the Italo-Swiss Open Office checker worked before installing SP7? Maybe the Italo-Swiss ITA is not part of the delivered Open Office checkers that come along with Transit. At least the Reference Manual does not mention it in the list of delivered checkers.

If so: You can either search the internet for a Italo-Swiss checker (see Reference Manual for a good point to start)
... See more
Hi Lorenza,

two spellcheckers don't work? Strange...

1) OpenOffice: Are you sure that the Italo-Swiss Open Office checker worked before installing SP7? Maybe the Italo-Swiss ITA is not part of the delivered Open Office checkers that come along with Transit. At least the Reference Manual does not mention it in the list of delivered checkers.

If so: You can either search the internet for a Italo-Swiss checker (see Reference Manual for a good point to start) and install it.
Or you can just copy the files of the Italo-Italian checker and rename them accordingly. This way you *pretend* that is Italo-Swiss (but -- of course -- still is pure Italian). Works fine with my SP7.

I cannot judge what's the better way -- I have no idea how different Italian Italian and Swiss Italian are.

2) MS Checkers: Are you sure that you have installed Word 2002 or higher installed (with Italo-Swiss spellechecker)? On my PC, it works fine...

Regards,

Oiseau noir

[Edited at 2013-10-18 15:48 GMT]
Collapse

Benjamin Phister (X)
Benjamin Phister (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:29
French to English
No support for custom Word dictionaries? Oct 19, 2013

Hello.

With SP7 I maange to use the OpenOffice spellchecker in English. I can also use the Word spellchecker.

However, I found a missing feature with the Word spellcheck function in NXT. With Word you can define custom dictionaries to use for spellchecking a document. This is very useful for customer-specific terminology, which can be added to the customer's dictionary.

NXT does not recognize the custom dictionaries I have installed, and I do not see how t
... See more
Hello.

With SP7 I maange to use the OpenOffice spellchecker in English. I can also use the Word spellchecker.

However, I found a missing feature with the Word spellcheck function in NXT. With Word you can define custom dictionaries to use for spellchecking a document. This is very useful for customer-specific terminology, which can be added to the customer's dictionary.

NXT does not recognize the custom dictionaries I have installed, and I do not see how to configure them under NXT. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ben
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit NXT spellcheck with SP 7

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »