Thread poster: dzeguze
dzeguze
dzeguze
Netherlands
Local time: 11:14
English to Latvian
+ ...
Jan 6, 2014

I'm handling a Transit NXT project as a PM and my translator worked with MemoQ. After I imported the TPF package that I got from translator, all match rate information was lost, so it is very hard to see what was translated newly (the project contains a large amount of 100% matches that didn't need to be checked).
Which is even more strange, also the last modification date for ALL segments is now set to some day in 2007, which makes no sense. Looking at the files visually, it seems that e
... See more
I'm handling a Transit NXT project as a PM and my translator worked with MemoQ. After I imported the TPF package that I got from translator, all match rate information was lost, so it is very hard to see what was translated newly (the project contains a large amount of 100% matches that didn't need to be checked).
Which is even more strange, also the last modification date for ALL segments is now set to some day in 2007, which makes no sense. Looking at the files visually, it seems that everything has been translated, but I really would like to retrieve the correct match rate information.
I'm wondering if the translator did anything wrong when setting up the project in MemoQ. Have you experienced similar issues? I have been using the Transit - MemoQ workflow for many other projects and it has always worked without any trouble.
Thanks in advance!
Collapse

TPF corrupted by MemoQ Jan 8, 2014

Dear dzeguze,

IMHO, this may not be the right forum to answer your question.

I guess that Transit will not be able to restore segment meta information (such es match rate and dates) that was corrupted by MemoQ processing.
Therefore I suggest to ask for help and MemoQ project settings in the MemoQ forum (http://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support-590.html) t
... See more
Dear dzeguze,

IMHO, this may not be the right forum to answer your question.

I guess that Transit will not be able to restore segment meta information (such es match rate and dates) that was corrupted by MemoQ processing.
Therefore I suggest to ask for help and MemoQ project settings in the MemoQ forum (http://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support-590.html) to check if/how MemoQ can retain valid segment data.

Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Match rate info lost after translation in MemoQ

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »