Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
イタリア
Local time: 17:47
英語 から イタリア語
+ ...
Jul 14, 2014

Hello,
I'm experiencing problems when I try to edit a glossary during translation.
Before updating the WF version, while translating I could open the glossary and edit it, such as deleting, modifying while now I can't. I can only Search, Import, and Export. I can add a term only if I go on the term and add it, but it is not possible when I open the glossary.

And this is very annoying.

Could you help me?

Thanks
Lucia

Marcos Cardenas
Marcos Cardenas  Identity Verified
チリ
Local time: 11:47
英語 から スペイン語
+ ...
Have you tried... Jul 14, 2014

doing the same under the drop-down menu Terminology > Edit ? A new window will appear where you can manage the glossary, adding terms.

On the other hand, did you make sure your glossary is active? If not, try selecting the glossary again or create a new one as the txt file might be corrupted.

I hope it works!!

Regards

Lucia Me wrote:

Hello,
I'm experiencing problems when I try to edit a glossary during translation.
Before updating the WF version, while translating I could open the glossary and edit it, such as deleting, modifying while now I can't. I can only Search, Import, and Export. I can add a term only if I go on the term and add it, but it is not possible when I open the glossary.

And this is very annoying.

Could you help me?

Thanks
Lucia

Lucia Messuti
イタリア
英語 から イタリア語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The glossary is active... Jul 14, 2014

Hi Marcos
the glossary is active as usual and I tried to upload a new glossary but it doesn't work.
This happens for all glossaries, which I used to edit with the previous version of WFP.

I can add a term, but when I open the drop-down menu > edit (and the glossary opens) I cannot modify/delete any term. This feature is useful if you want to modify o delete a term you have entered previously. Otehrwise, you can only add terms from source and target.

... See more
Hi Marcos
the glossary is active as usual and I tried to upload a new glossary but it doesn't work.
This happens for all glossaries, which I used to edit with the previous version of WFP.

I can add a term, but when I open the drop-down menu > edit (and the glossary opens) I cannot modify/delete any term. This feature is useful if you want to modify o delete a term you have entered previously. Otehrwise, you can only add terms from source and target.

Thanks
Lucia
Collapse

Marcos Cardenas
チリ
英語 から スペイン語
+ ...
It might be a bug Jul 14, 2014

Hi Lucía,

I am working with WP Pro 3.4.0 and such problem does not happen. I am not familiar with the 3.4.1 version and I guess it might be a bug of the new version. Have you tried contacting WP support? If you are in a hurry due to the deadline you can uninstall WP 3.4.1 and reinstall the previous version 3.4.0 which works perfectly.

Regards,

Marcos

Lucia Messuti
イタリア
英語 から イタリア語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think I'll uninstall 3.4.1 Jul 14, 2014

I'll follow your tip and I'll uninstall the latest version, also because the previous one was good.

Have a nice day
Lucia

Marcos Cardenas
チリ
英語 から スペイン語
+ ...
You are welcome Jul 14, 2014

I hope everything works fine in the end. Personally, I am a bit reluctant about beta or new versions and I wait for a while before upgrading in order to make sure new versions work properly.

Best regards,

Marcos

[Edited at 2014-07-15 01:55 GMT]

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 09:47
Not a bug on my Windows 7 Jul 14, 2014

Hi Lucia,

I tried with my local glossary and I don't see the options disabled like you said on my 3.4.1.

Here's a short video I made with my Glossary editor: http://screencast.com/t/MgIaJOAg3w

What is your operating system?

Send a bug report from help > Bug report so WF Team can debug if it is your system specific.

Thank you,

... See more
Hi Lucia,

I tried with my local glossary and I don't see the options disabled like you said on my 3.4.1.

Here's a short video I made with my Glossary editor: http://screencast.com/t/MgIaJOAg3w

What is your operating system?

Send a bug report from help > Bug report so WF Team can debug if it is your system specific.

Thank you,

John
Collapse

Dan Ilioiu
Dan Ilioiu  Identity Verified
ルーマニア
Local time: 18:47
英語 から ルーマニア語
+ ...
No problem with the glossary Jul 15, 2014

No problem here with the glossary.

Lucia, is everything working as per jsingaram's video?

Lucia Messuti
イタリア
英語 から イタリア語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'll send a bug report to Wordfast Jul 15, 2014

Thanks to all of you for the tips.
I'll uninstall the newer version waiting for a reply.

In the meantime, I'll also ask for tips on how to use the IATE, which now can be downloaded as a TermBaseeXchange format.

Lucia

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
フランス
2006に入会
フランス語 から 英語
Bug on Mac Jul 17, 2014

Hi Lucia,
We just went over this with developers and yes, there is a bug for the Mac version. Until a fix is released, there is a workaround to modify terms in the glossary:
1. Use the Search button to find the exact term you want to modify (do not click on any terms, it causes Wordfast Pro to crash).
2. After finding the word, the buttons become active and you can edit terms in the glossary.

Sorry for the inconvenience, this but will be fixed for the next release.
... See more
Hi Lucia,
We just went over this with developers and yes, there is a bug for the Mac version. Until a fix is released, there is a workaround to modify terms in the glossary:
1. Use the Search button to find the exact term you want to modify (do not click on any terms, it causes Wordfast Pro to crash).
2. After finding the word, the buttons become active and you can edit terms in the glossary.

Sorry for the inconvenience, this but will be fixed for the next release.

Best,
John
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast PRO 3.4.1 - Glossary editing

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »