Paula Dlp
Paula Dlp
Australia
Local time: 15:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 18, 2016

Hi everyone!

I have a question for all Wordfast Pro 4.8.2 users.

I´ve just pre-translated a file and got a few 100% matches. However, when I look specifically at each one of them (in the Lookup window), I can see that there are two or several versions for the same source, but the pre-translation leverages the oldest, instead of the newest one.

In Preferences, I have the "Overwrite existing TU option" selected, so I don´t think this should be happening.... See more
Hi everyone!

I have a question for all Wordfast Pro 4.8.2 users.

I´ve just pre-translated a file and got a few 100% matches. However, when I look specifically at each one of them (in the Lookup window), I can see that there are two or several versions for the same source, but the pre-translation leverages the oldest, instead of the newest one.

In Preferences, I have the "Overwrite existing TU option" selected, so I don´t think this should be happening.

Can anyone help me? How can I just keep the newest one?

Thanks in advance!

Paula
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:03
Member (2006)
French to English
Check penalties, support ticket Aug 18, 2016

Paula Delapenna wrote:

I can see that there are two or several versions for the same source, but the pre-translation leverages the oldest, instead of the newest one.

In Preferences, I have the "Overwrite existing TU option" selected, so I don´t think this should be happening.

Paula

Hi Paula,

Indeed, it should be offering the newest. Double check your penalty settings. You may want to submit a support ticket via wordfast.net in case there is a bug.

Thanks,
John

Paula Dlp
Paula Dlp
Australia
Local time: 15:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I´ll give it a try! Aug 21, 2016

John Di Rico wrote:

Paula Delapenna wrote:

I can see that there are two or several versions for the same source, but the pre-translation leverages the oldest, instead of the newest one.

Paula

Hi Paula,

Indeed, it should be offering the newest. Double check your penalty settings. You may want to submit a support ticket via wordfast.net in case there is a bug.

Thanks,
John

Thank you very much for your help. I´ll give this a go and see if it fixes the problem.

Kind regards,

Paula

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM leveraging - newest TU

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »