Samuel Keating
Samuel Keating  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:59
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
Nov 3, 2016

I have a couple of questions (so far) about WF pro 4.9.0 (which I just upgraded to from WF pro 3).

• I can't find the outline window view. Is that not available?
  • When I Alt+down to the next segment, the cursor is at the end of the segment rather than at the beginning. This doesn't seem logical, so I'd like to be able to have it appear by default at the start like in WF3, if possible ...
... See more
I have a couple of questions (so far) about WF pro 4.9.0 (which I just upgraded to from WF pro 3).

• I can't find the outline window view. Is that not available?
  • When I Alt+down to the next segment, the cursor is at the end of the segment rather than at the beginning. This doesn't seem logical, so I'd like to be able to have it appear by default at the start like in WF3, if possible ...

Thanks!

[Edited at 2016-11-03 20:51 GMT]
Collapse

Samuel Keating
Samuel Keating  Identity Verified
France
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
more weirdness Nov 3, 2016

Also, when jumping from word to word using CTRL + arrow, it seems to not recognize what a word is ...

For example, it includes opening parentheses or quotes as part of the previous word. "He said yes (but meant no)" counts "(" as part of "yes" ... so if you CTRL + delete "yes" it also deletes the "("

How does that make any sense?

Is there a way to switch all that to Office / WF3 defaults?

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 20:59
No Outline view Nov 7, 2016

Hi Samuel,

There is no outline view in WFP 4. Instead of we have filters above the table where you can search for a text to filter the segments or using status of the segment stacked to filter segments. You can also use Ctrl+G to jump to a segment based on your input number.

Regarding Next segment action we have this already reported and this should be fixed in future release.

For Ctrl+Arrow I will report this issue.

Thank you,

Joh
... See more
Hi Samuel,

There is no outline view in WFP 4. Instead of we have filters above the table where you can search for a text to filter the segments or using status of the segment stacked to filter segments. You can also use Ctrl+G to jump to a segment based on your input number.

Regarding Next segment action we have this already reported and this should be fixed in future release.

For Ctrl+Arrow I will report this issue.

Thank you,

John
Collapse

Annemarie Weijer
Annemarie Weijer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to German
+ ...
How getting the German "Eszett"? Feb 13, 2017

Hi,

As a translator in German I am a user of Wordfast Pro (version 4.10.2). Operating system is Windows 10. I am trying to get the German "Eszett" in a Wordfast document, but I do not succeed. I want to use the key combination ALT-s for the Eszett. Therefore, I have already changed in Wordfast the shortcut ALT-s in ALT-SHIFT-s, so the way for the wanted ALT-s combination is free. Is there a way in Wordfast to get the Eszett in the way I want to? If not, what should I do to succeed i
... See more
Hi,

As a translator in German I am a user of Wordfast Pro (version 4.10.2). Operating system is Windows 10. I am trying to get the German "Eszett" in a Wordfast document, but I do not succeed. I want to use the key combination ALT-s for the Eszett. Therefore, I have already changed in Wordfast the shortcut ALT-s in ALT-SHIFT-s, so the way for the wanted ALT-s combination is free. Is there a way in Wordfast to get the Eszett in the way I want to? If not, what should I do to succeed in getting the Eszett?

Who can help me?

Thanks in advance!

Annemarie
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

wf pro 4 questions

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »