ناشر الموضوع: Williamson
Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
المملكة المتحدة
Local time: 23:32
فلمنكي إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
Nov 15, 2003

When I try to clean up files, I get "file not found or renamed". However, I did not rename the file,but gave it the same name as the original file. Do I overlook something (not closing of file) or is there another cause?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
ألمانيا
Local time: 00:32
أنجليزي إلى ألماني
+ ...
Cleanup log Nov 15, 2003

Hi williamson,
The message could refer to the log file; are the file name and path shown in the log file field valid?

HTH, Ralf

PS Are you aware of the 'tw4winClean.Main' macro? This allows you to kick out source segments in case of problems with the cleanup process - remember that it doesn't update the TM, so it's a good idea to take a copy first.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
ألمانيا
عضو (2003)
بولندي إلى ألماني
+ ...
Try to clean up in Word Nov 15, 2003

Use the "tw4winClean.Main" macro (ALT+F8 ). This works allways, with the limitation, that all changes must be manually saved in TM prior to clean up and you have to run this macro in any header/footer and text box separately.
Why you are getting problems with clean up of particular files in Workbench is however a mystery for me. As I had such problems in the past, I stopped to use WB to clean up files.

Kind regards
Jerzy

[Edited at 2003-11-16 22:14]

ITtranslations
ITtranslations
جزر سيشل
عضو (2002)
أنجليزي إلى إسباني
+ ...
Log file Nov 15, 2003

The file renamed or lost is the log file. Check the line "Log file" and suppress or change the path indicated.

Marijke Mayer
Marijke Mayer  Identity Verified
هولندا
هولندي إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
Dunk de text in a Wordpad file Nov 16, 2003

and the hidden texts and Trados codes will ' wash' off.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
ألمانيا
أنجليزي إلى ألماني
+ ...
Loss of formatting Nov 16, 2003

Marijke Mayer wrote:

and the hidden texts and Trados codes will ' wash' off.

Why would you want to do that (and most likely lose most of the formatting), when you can achieve pretty much the same result using the Clean.Main macro?

Best regards, Ralf

Marijke Mayer
Marijke Mayer  Identity Verified
هولندا
هولندي إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
I agree, however, what if the macro doesn't work? Nov 16, 2003

First of all, I think she needs to name a log file. If that doesn't work, then the macro might not work either. If it doesn't then the Wordpad wash is the last resort. It is a shame that the formatting will be lost, but it beats having to clean off all the codes by hand.

Best regards,
Marijke

Jerzy Czopik
ألمانيا
عضو (2003)
بولندي إلى ألماني
+ ...
Have you ever tried this macro? Nov 16, 2003

Marijke Mayer wrote:

First of all, I think she needs to name a log file. If that doesn't work, then the macro might not work either. If it doesn't then the Wordpad wash is the last resort. It is a shame that the formatting will be lost, but it beats having to clean off all the codes by hand.

Best regards,
Marijke

Please, what the heck has a log file to do with a macro, running in Word?
Did you ever try to use this macro? As it is native Word macro code, this works ever (or at least I have NEVER had a case it did not work; clean up in Workbench did not work, but this macro worked ever). This macro does not need any LOG file, as it removes only the hidden text and Trados delimeters from the text, without saving any changes in translation units in the Translation Memory. This is the biggest and only limitation of this macro - you MUST save all changes in TUs befor you start this macro, unless you don´t want your work to get lost.
Log settings may affect the cleanup process in Workbench, but not in Word. This Word macro does not communicate with Workbench or any log files.

Using Wordpad for cleanup purposes is pure loss of work, as you need to reformat the whole text afterwards. This is not a solution I would take into account.

Kind regards
Jerzy

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
الولايات المتحدة
Local time: 18:32
عضو (2002)
أنجليزي إلى مجري
+ ...
Clarification - I think this is what she meant Nov 17, 2003

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Please, what the heck has a log file to do with a macro, running in Word?

Jerzy, I think you misunderstood Marijke.
She did not disagree with the other solutions offered before her posting.
In fact, she reiterated, that the asker probably has a problem with an invalid log file path, when trying to use the cleanup function within the Trados Workbench environment.

She offered a last-resort solution, in case none of the other proposed ideas (log-path correction, then using the Word-macro) would work.
She just tried to offer an alternative assuming that the required re-formatting of the text is less time and nerve-consuming than having to clean up the text by hand.

I think that's all she meant, trying to help. I am personally thankful for the idea, one day I might need to resort to this one...

Best regards
Katalin

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:32
أنجليزي إلى فرنسي
Small reminder Nov 18, 2003

That you can clean a trados file with a simple search and replace:

If there is no hidden text in the target, search for hidden text and replace all with nothing. Done.

In the rare cases your target contains hidden text, it's a little more difficult but works always:

find: {0>(*)(*)

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
المملكة المتحدة
Local time: 23:32
فلمنكي إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Where can I find this macro Nov 20, 2003

Under which directory do I find this macro: I have Trados 5.5 and 6.0. Browsed through the directories of the programmes and do not find them. I do not find them under Word either
If a TM is created in a directory you made for TMs for example TM, does trados create a log file there or does trados create a log file in the Trados directory.

Jerzy Czopik
ألمانيا
عضو (2003)
بولندي إلى ألماني
+ ...
Simply in Word Nov 20, 2003

as it is a Word macro:

Press ALT+F8 and the macro liest will appear.
Search for tw4winClean.Main and let it run over your opened document.

That's all.

Kind regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Clean up does not function

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »