Katja Fels
Katja Fels  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:15
Member (2013)
Italian to German
+ ...
Dec 6, 2022

I have a question: I need to have my title as a certified translator recognized in Italy and I am not getting anywhere, every institution refers to another and no one has been able to recognize the title for me yet. Has anyone had any experience with this?
Thanks in advance
Katja

Elena Simonelli
Elena Simonelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
No such thing Dec 6, 2022

The reason probably is that we do not have such a position.
If you want to be a CTU (court-appointed consultant) you have to go to the Chamber of Commerce and then to your town's court and ask.
It might take time.
The good news is that in the meantime you will be able to swear most of your translations anyway (depending on the Court).
Good luck!

Sammy Dowidar
Sammy Dowidar
France
Member (2022)
English to French
Have you tried the ENIC-NARIC website? Dec 6, 2022

I did not encounter this problem and thus have no personal experience in this matter, but you tried to gather information in the ENIC-NARIC web site?

The European Network of Information Centres - National Academic Recognition Information Centres, operating under the principles of Lisbon Recognition Convention (1997) has a "website (that) aims to help interested organisations and individuals find information on current issues in international academic and professional mobility, and
... See more
I did not encounter this problem and thus have no personal experience in this matter, but you tried to gather information in the ENIC-NARIC web site?

The European Network of Information Centres - National Academic Recognition Information Centres, operating under the principles of Lisbon Recognition Convention (1997) has a "website (that) aims to help interested organisations and individuals find information on current issues in international academic and professional mobility, and on procedures for the recognition of foreign qualifications"

Here is their gateway :

https://www.enic-naric.net/

May you could perform a search by keyword on this site and find some answers.

Hope that helps...

Keep it up!

Sammy
Collapse

Katja Fels
Germany
Member (2013)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ENIC-NARIC Dec 7, 2022

Thanks for both replies. I had already tried the ENIC-NARIC website and it redirects to the italian institution, CIMEA, which is a non-transparent website. It seems they undertake recognitions of foreign titles but I don't understand how to proceed. They refer to the universities in question (in my case I would like to participate in a tender of the University of Florence) but the university replied in negative way to my request. The university refers to the ministery and the ministery to the un... See more
Thanks for both replies. I had already tried the ENIC-NARIC website and it redirects to the italian institution, CIMEA, which is a non-transparent website. It seems they undertake recognitions of foreign titles but I don't understand how to proceed. They refer to the universities in question (in my case I would like to participate in a tender of the University of Florence) but the university replied in negative way to my request. The university refers to the ministery and the ministery to the university. It's really tricky.Collapse

Sammy Dowidar
Sammy Dowidar
France
Member (2022)
English to French
No equipollenza needed for non regulated professions including linguistic services Dec 7, 2022

I visited the CIMEA site and found the following statement in the page: https://www.cimea.it/EN/pagina-riconoscimento-professionale

"Non-regulated professions: are those that may practised without the need for holding a specific qualification. These professions are open without bias to both Italian and foreign qualification holders.

Anyone who wishes t
... See more
I visited the CIMEA site and found the following statement in the page: https://www.cimea.it/EN/pagina-riconoscimento-professionale

"Non-regulated professions: are those that may practised without the need for holding a specific qualification. These professions are open without bias to both Italian and foreign qualification holders.

Anyone who wishes to practise a non-regulated profession in Italy and who holds a foreign qualification has no need to obtain legal or formal recognition to join the Italian job market.

Examples of professions which are NOT regulated: those including advertising, communication, various artistic and musical sectors (ex. interior designer, actor, dancer, composer, orchestral conductor, musician – instrumentalist, designer, fashion designer, artist, director, stage designer, sculptor, etc.), linguistic services (interpreters and translators), marketing, and many others besides.

It could prove useful to attach a document describing the characteristics of the foreign qualification: this allows a potential employer to understand it better."

Hope that helps
Best wishes
Sammy
Collapse

Elena Simonelli

Katja Fels
Germany
Member (2013)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sammy Dec 7, 2022

This is really interesting, thank you so much, I did't read it before. This will help me I hope.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Equipollenza titolo in Italia

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »