Conoscete manuali riguardo la traduzione del fumetto?
Thread poster: Valentina Fasullo
Valentina Fasullo
Valentina Fasullo
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 15, 2023

Buonasera a tutti e tutte
Sono nuova sul forum e non trovando una sezione adatta ho pensato di inserire la mia domanda nella sezione OFF TOPICS, spero vada bene.
In ogni caso mi presento, mi chiamo Valentina Fasullo e sono una laureanda in Traduzione all'Università di Udine. Sto iniziando la stesura della tesi che sarà sulla traduzione dei fumetti e mi chiedevo se poteste consigliarmi manuali, articoli o qualsiasi cosa (per favore solo fonti "autorevoli") per aiutarmi. Essendo ka
... See more
Buonasera a tutti e tutte
Sono nuova sul forum e non trovando una sezione adatta ho pensato di inserire la mia domanda nella sezione OFF TOPICS, spero vada bene.
In ogni caso mi presento, mi chiamo Valentina Fasullo e sono una laureanda in Traduzione all'Università di Udine. Sto iniziando la stesura della tesi che sarà sulla traduzione dei fumetti e mi chiedevo se poteste consigliarmi manuali, articoli o qualsiasi cosa (per favore solo fonti "autorevoli") per aiutarmi. Essendo ka prima volta che devo stilare una tesi e non avendo mai fatto nulla del genere non so davvero da dove cominciare. Vi ringrazio in anticipo

Good evening to all
I’m new on the forum and I couldn’t find a suitable section so I thought I’d put my question in the OFF TOPICS section, I hope it’s okay.
Anyway, my name is Valentina Fasullo and I study Translation at the University of Udine. I’m starting my dissertation that will be on the translation of comics and I was wondering if you could recommend me manuals, articles or anything (please just "authoritative" sources) to help me. Being the first time I have to write a dissertation and having never done anything like that I really don’t know where to start.
Thank you in advance
Collapse

Sammy Dowidar
Sammy Dowidar
France
Local time: 16:41
Member (2022)
English to French
Recent book on cultural aspects of comics translation Mar 17, 2023

Hi there,

I have no experience in this field, but have come across a recent book dwelling on cultural differences and translation aspects of comics, with examples from Metro, Tintin and Persepolis:

How Comics Travel: Publication, Translation, Radical Literacies

By Katherine Kelp-Stebbins

Publisher: Ohio State University Press
ISBN: 0814258239; 9780814258231

It should help you in your dissertation.

Bon cour
... See more
Hi there,

I have no experience in this field, but have come across a recent book dwelling on cultural differences and translation aspects of comics, with examples from Metro, Tintin and Persepolis:

How Comics Travel: Publication, Translation, Radical Literacies

By Katherine Kelp-Stebbins

Publisher: Ohio State University Press
ISBN: 0814258239; 9780814258231

It should help you in your dissertation.

Bon courage,
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:41
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Valentina Mar 17, 2023

Have a look at this:

https://air.uniud.it/retrieve/handle/11390/866324/82997/dallaargentina-allaitalia-mafalda-e-la-sua.pdf

The bibliography seems interesting and useful as it refers a few books on the subject, some in Italian, particularly “I fumetti in traduzione” by Prof. Zanettin.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:41
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Valentina Mar 17, 2023

I've found on the internet the book Sammy was referring to:

https://library.oapen.org/bitstream/handle/20.500.12657/54156/external_content.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

Valentina Fasullo
Valentina Fasullo
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Mar 20, 2023

Thank you very much to everyone, they are very useful sources and will certainly help me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Conoscete manuali riguardo la traduzione del fumetto?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »