Sworn translation of multiple-choice form (ES-EN)
Thread poster: Miguel Marqués
Miguel Marqués
Miguel Marqués  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 15, 2013

Dear all,

I am translating (ES_es-EN-uk) a 'Solicitud de autorización de estancia y prórroga - EX-00' (cf http://goo.gl/gfw1u), which is a multiple-choice form. I have 2 questions.

1) Is it necessary to translate all choices in document or only the ones marked by the applicant?

2) Page 2 are instructions on how to complete the form. Do these need be translated for full valid
... See more
Dear all,

I am translating (ES_es-EN-uk) a 'Solicitud de autorización de estancia y prórroga - EX-00' (cf http://goo.gl/gfw1u), which is a multiple-choice form. I have 2 questions.

1) Is it necessary to translate all choices in document or only the ones marked by the applicant?

2) Page 2 are instructions on how to complete the form. Do these need be translated for full validity of document?

Thank you so much beforehand, everyone!

Regards and have a great week.
Collapse

LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:14
Russian to English
+ ...
You usually have to translate everything Jul 15, 2013

unless asked otherwise, for some special purpose, but this would not apply to a certified translation. You simply have to leave the blank lines blank, and indicate which answer is marked.

You have to translate the instructions as well.

[Edited at 2013-07-15 16:19 GMT]

Paweł Hamerski
Paweł Hamerski
Poland
Local time: 09:14
English to Polish
+ ...
not necessarily Jul 16, 2013

At the customer's request the instructions can be left out, but this fact must be clearly described in the translator's notes.

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
. Jul 16, 2013

You should ask the customer.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sworn translation of multiple-choice form (ES-EN)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »