How do I view the original document in memoQ 2015?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 19:26
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 9, 2017

I want to be able to quickly view the original document I am translating at the moment, and wonder if there is any shortcut for that from the editing view? Or else, how do I download the original files from the server project I'm working on now? The purpose is to get more context by viewing each of the many different files separately.

There is some alternatives on the Project home page (right-click, Export, Export (stored patch)), but I'm not sure if I can use those.

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:26
German to Turkish
+ ...
view pane? Jan 9, 2017

You can view your documents in the view pane

1. if these source documents are originally in word, xml etc. simple formats - you can find a list of file formats in memoQ help menus.

2. if you have these word etc. source files in your project files, that is, you are the person who created the project.

I am not sure about the online projects but I assume that you would need a special permission to get access to such files and it is probably much easier to ask
... See more
You can view your documents in the view pane

1. if these source documents are originally in word, xml etc. simple formats - you can find a list of file formats in memoQ help menus.

2. if you have these word etc. source files in your project files, that is, you are the person who created the project.

I am not sure about the online projects but I assume that you would need a special permission to get access to such files and it is probably much easier to ask the client to send these files in word, pdf etc. formats.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I view the original document in memoQ 2015?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »