Thread poster: Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 11, 2007

Hello!!

My name is Soledad Azcona and I have recently joined ProZ.com staff to work on a ProZ.com new students area.

In line with our mission statement, we will provide tools and opportunities for students to network with students and other persons who share similar interests, to improve their transition to the professional life, to become better, more successful students, and of course have more fun!!!

We have created this forum for student members to sha
... See more
Hello!!

My name is Soledad Azcona and I have recently joined ProZ.com staff to work on a ProZ.com new students area.

In line with our mission statement, we will provide tools and opportunities for students to network with students and other persons who share similar interests, to improve their transition to the professional life, to become better, more successful students, and of course have more fun!!!

We have created this forum for student members to share ideas and suggestions that will help in the creation of a new community with interaction between students around the world.

So...let's hear your voices!

Kind regards,

Soledad.
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:18
German to French
+ ...
Great ! Jul 12, 2007

Hi (again ) Soledad !
Thank you for this public forum, that's a great idea ! I'm really looking forward to see our little student community grow and grow
Thanks for your time and energy and good luck !
Anne

S_Angel (X)
S_Angel (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:18
German to Italian
+ ...
Thanks! Jul 12, 2007

Hi!
I have recently joined this community as a student member and I am still "getting to know" the website, anyway it seems great!
I am looking forward to get in touch with other translation students from all around the world.
Thanks for this area designed just for us!
Bye,

Sara

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wishing box Jul 12, 2007

Thanks girls

For all of you that haven't noticed it yet, we have a new “toy” on the home page: The Wishing Box! This is a student only feature for you to write your wishes out and we'll be the “geniuses” to make them true!

Try it out! It's great fun!

Later!

Katharina Harer
Katharina Harer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:18
English to German
+ ...
hei there Jul 12, 2007

hello all! I am a german student from munich and just started with my studies, but I already did some paid jobs for english, now I am studying for spanish.
Hope to be part of a big and growing community of motivated students!!

Regards

Kate

Agnieszka Skibinska (X)
Agnieszka Skibinska (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:18
English to Polish
+ ...
Buenos dias from UK! Jul 13, 2007

It's absolutely fantastic that we students have now our own, 'separated' space at ProZ.com!
I joined the community here nearly a month ago and the experience of being a member of such a massive gathering of translators is just great. I have done a lot of translation and interpreting services over the past 7 months and have to admit that being able to translate and learn new skills is purely the most enjoyable activity in my life so far.
Will definitely try to help as much as I can to
... See more
It's absolutely fantastic that we students have now our own, 'separated' space at ProZ.com!
I joined the community here nearly a month ago and the experience of being a member of such a massive gathering of translators is just great. I have done a lot of translation and interpreting services over the past 7 months and have to admit that being able to translate and learn new skills is purely the most enjoyable activity in my life so far.
Will definitely try to help as much as I can to develop the students bit of this web service.

Thanks all!
Collapse

soleil38
soleil38  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:18
English to French
This is great! Jul 20, 2007

Such a good idea to have a special spot just for us students. I just joined ProZ last month and am looking foward to exploring this website more thoroughly. It's good to know there's a place where we can exchange information shamelessly, knowing we're not the only student in the community!
I've been a part-time translation student for the last year and am looking foward to getting some "real" jobs! I've already learned lots from this website, just by looking at the KudoZ question sectio
... See more
Such a good idea to have a special spot just for us students. I just joined ProZ last month and am looking foward to exploring this website more thoroughly. It's good to know there's a place where we can exchange information shamelessly, knowing we're not the only student in the community!
I've been a part-time translation student for the last year and am looking foward to getting some "real" jobs! I've already learned lots from this website, just by looking at the KudoZ question section... can't wait to discover the rest. I hope to be able to help others and to find help myself via this wonderful tool!

Regards,

Marie
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Welcome student members!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »