Thread poster: Patricia Posadas
Patricia Posadas
Patricia Posadas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 29, 2002

Hello, I just came across a website where one can search for European companies in general. http://www.europages.com/en/

By typing \"translation\" in the search box you can get a large directory of European translation agencies. Many of them have a website and some of them have a form for freelancers. Good luck!

jackieg
jackieg  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:31
French to English
thank you Jan 29, 2002

Very useful list with interesting leads.

Thanks Patricia for sharing it.

corinne durand
corinne durand  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Thanks Patricia Jan 29, 2002

Patricia, thanks for publishing this address, it\'s great, particularly the details about company (size, location...) and the various sorting options for the search.

Fernando Galv�n (X)
Fernando Galv�n (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Europages cd Jan 29, 2002

If you live in Spain (I don\'t know how this works in other countries) you can ask Telefónica for a free Europages guide (which is a big bulk) and cd-rom, but I have hardly used it.

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 11:31
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
Thank You, dear Patricia Jan 30, 2002

Great Resource

Gabriela Frazao
Gabriela Frazao  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 30, 2002

Very useful, thanks Patricia

Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Local time: 22:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
It is a great link Jan 30, 2002

All translators should , as far as possible, maintain regular contacts and tie-ups with these agencies for getting jobs. I have benefitted a lot. I hope it would help you too.

Dave Greatrix
Dave Greatrix  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
+ ...
Great info source Jan 31, 2002

This is the argument if any were needed against paying for E-mailing lists of agencies. In my fields I found 697!! It\'ll take me \'till Christmas to E-Mail all of them. Well Done!

Adolpho J Silva
Adolpho J Silva  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:31
German to English
+ ...
Europages Feb 1, 2002

Hello Patricia,

This is really a wonderful site and I wanted to thank you for your indication. Would be interesting to find out whether a similar organization exists, listing agencies in the USA and Canada ?! Pls advise.

Greetings from Rio.

Sincerely,

Adolpho J Silva

Accredited Translator

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Database of translation agencies

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »