Thread poster: Patricia Gifford
Patricia Gifford
Patricia Gifford  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:52
English to German
+ ...
Feb 21, 2002

Hello colleagues,

I was wondering, if anybody knew the URL for the official Microsoft Glossary (it contains the MS core terminology as well as the standard terms for all the MS programs). I\'ve downloaded mine from an ftp-Server two years ago, but I don\'t have the address anymore and I could not find it online. I would like to get the new updated version, since they have probably entered many new terms within the past two years.

Thanks in advance for y
... See more
Hello colleagues,

I was wondering, if anybody knew the URL for the official Microsoft Glossary (it contains the MS core terminology as well as the standard terms for all the MS programs). I\'ve downloaded mine from an ftp-Server two years ago, but I don\'t have the address anymore and I could not find it online. I would like to get the new updated version, since they have probably entered many new terms within the past two years.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Patricia

Oh, and if anybody wants a copy of mine (I only have de-en), I am willing to share it, of course. It is an MS Excel 97 file containing about 2200 entries. Email me and I send it to you, or let me know how I can post it online so that you can download it yourself (but that is not possible here, right?).
Collapse

Ulrike Lieder (X)
Ulrike Lieder (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:52
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Try this one: Feb 21, 2002

MS just updated the glossaries; the .exe file is date-stamped 02/08/2002. (I just downloaded the new file today from the URL listed below).

ftp.microsoft.com/developr/msdn/newup/glossary/

Patricia Gifford
Patricia Gifford  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:52
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, yipiiee, that's it! Feb 21, 2002

Thank you so much, Ulrike!!!

Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.) (X)
Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.) (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Finnish
+ ...
What is the user name and password for this site? Feb 22, 2002

I tried this site too in order to update my old MS glossaries, but when I try to connect to it I am asked for a user name and a password. The anonymous login is not accepted.

Can you tell me how you got in?

Thanks.

Minna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Glossary URL DE-EN, EN-DE

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »