Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24] >
Off topic: 从我们的摄影镜头里看中国(Seeing China through our camera lenses)
Thread poster: Kevin Yang
pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:02
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
舊酒新瓶,舊瓶新酒 Jul 4, 2007

怕網警打假,早已說明是陳太的作品。DAVID酒量驚人,喝完的酒瓶就堆在後園,是否想放新酒進舊瓶,這樣網警一定會知。

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:02
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
原來是弟媳,恕我無知。 Jul 4, 2007

pkchan wrote:
陳黃安生是PK的太太,差點連她的玉照也放了在網上。第一張UFO是日照鏡頭的結果...

PK老弟,

原來是弟媳,恕我無知。現在終於明白了, 幸好她沒有姓方。你怎麼從未向我介紹過?以後去你那裡品嚐龍蝦時,一定記著要帶來秀一下。

Kevin

[修改时间: 2007-07-05 07:17]

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My goodness, I hope you did not drink all those. Jul 4, 2007

David Shen wrote:
Did you say you like Shaoxing wine?
But look at this, and you know what you and I have been missing. We'd better move back to China if we want to enjoy life as much as the folks back there.

My goodness, Dave! I hope you did not drink all those. I hope someone will wash them well before the next refill. Speaking of moving back to China, I was thinking to do that after my retirement as an old leaf falling to the root. With over a couple of thousands dollars from the Social Security as well as my financial investment, I hope I can have a decent life in China. We might can pick a spot and develop it to something like the Village of Retired Translators. I am not sure about other people, but I am certain I will stay online till my last breath.

Kevin

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:02
English to Chinese
+ ...
nice idea Jul 4, 2007

I love it. The place should not be too hot in summer, or too cold in winter.

Kevin Yang wrote:

We might can pick a spot and develop it to something like the Village of Retired Translators.

redred
redred  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
只看到六个叉 Jul 5, 2007

pkchan wrote:

是很花時間,上傳6張照片,花了一個多小時。先在flickr登記,選擇照片,上傳要等,出現了,再下傳Proz。陳黃安生是PK的太太,差點連她的玉照也放了在網上。第一張UFO是日照鏡頭的結果,第二張是人隔萬重山,第三張就是萬古留芳,但不知蔣公的蠟像還能在那裡呆多久,看他身後的中國版圖,就好像夢境一樣。愛書人到了台北,當然是逛書店,看第五張照片的範圍,就有超過10家。若鐵馬齊動,排放會怎樣。有空,會多放照片。

[Edited at 2007-07-04 18:09]

其他人的照片可视,但这六张只看见如图所示的六个交叉。蒋公后面的地图表示他对那960万平方公里的不舍。以前很狐疑“大陆”这个称谓,因为我们自己是不说这里是大陆,最初听到这个词感觉陌生,这种叫法最早可能源自台湾。以前听香港人回乡叫“回大陆”,现在看电视听到的是叫“内地”,这是territory的改变带来称谓的转变。

[Edited at 2007-07-05 01:21]

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
就是 Jul 5, 2007

怎么不见了呢?

redred wrote:

其他人的照片可视,但这六张只看见如图所示的六个交叉。

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:02
English to Chinese
+ ...
Flickr pictures are not mainland China friendly ;) Jul 5, 2007

For quite a while, I can no longer use Flickr. Pictures are no longer displayed when I view the website. Originally I just doubted if it's my own problem, but I have no problem with other similiar sites, such as Google Picasa. Now that you seem to have the same issue, I guess Flickr pictures are no longer mainland China friendly. Just like Kevin's old web host.

Edited below:
I just figured out why. Flickr is now
... See more
For quite a while, I can no longer use Flickr. Pictures are no longer displayed when I view the website. Originally I just doubted if it's my own problem, but I have no problem with other similiar sites, such as Google Picasa. Now that you seem to have the same issue, I guess Flickr pictures are no longer mainland China friendly. Just like Kevin's old web host.

Edited below:
I just figured out why. Flickr is now a Yahoo company. Yes. Some of Yahoo's servers are blacklisted. That's it. Just like my www.itranslate.cn. You can't visit it from within. Cool!

[Edited at 2007-07-05 02:07]
Collapse

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
香港人說﹕眼不見謂之干淨 Jul 5, 2007

其實無反動的東西,蔣公只是銀鑲蠟槍頭而已,無論怎樣,都不能借尸還魂,PK更算什麼。flickr上傳看不見,還有什麼方法,我頭腦簡單,陳太的照片就留給自己欣賞好了。

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The east bank of Qiantang River looks good to me. Jul 5, 2007

Zhoudan wrote:

I love it. The place should not be too hot in summer, or too cold in winter.

Zhou Dan,

The east bank of Qiantang River, on the opposite side of Hangzhou, seems to be a good choice. I was impressed by the new housing development there. Or in the bamboo land where Meijiawu is. Just a thought.

Kevin

[修改时间: 2007-07-05 07:25]

Jason Ma
Jason Ma  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Wow what a amazing discovery! Jul 5, 2007

[quote]David Shen wrote:

Martin,

Glad you like them. But to be honest with you I found some of the scenes "astonishing" rather than "refreshing". I will find some refreshing images in the future if you like them that way. I have not been but have always wanted to take a trip in that direction. I translated many articles for the Silk Road in the past. In fact the one I just finished is going to Russia (not to England, but is not in Russian either, don't ask me why the Russians need English!), accompanying the Chinese Silk Exhibition to Moscow and some other cities. But I was going to say for many years I have translated articles on the Dunhuang Grottos, however I have never been there. What a shame on me!

David, I think we can share a lot of Silk Road experience in the near future.
My wife and I recently captured a state funded reserch project on "Qinghai section of the Silk Road" [羌中道丝路南路], Dunhuang and Xinjiang is included in our field trip schedule.

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
這裡爭辯已多 Jul 5, 2007

退休後還要住在同一條村,就永無寧日了,打起來也有可能。下崗就不談翻譯了,攝影、繪畫、談詩、寫文章都好,別提翻譯,談虎色變。

David Shen
David Shen  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
退休翻译村.1 Jul 5, 2007

要回去设立“退休翻译村”,我第二个报名。不过 Kevin 你可别等到你退休年令再去动这个脑筋,那还得十几年呢。到那时候说不准一美元连一块人民币都不值了,你我那点社安金还能顶啥用?

周丹师妹说得对,要选个好地方。风景气候都要好。杭州的春秋好,冬夏可难熬,Kevin这点你就不知道了。你上次五月底还算是杭州的好时节。再晚两三个星期就入黄霉季节了,�
... See more
要回去设立“退休翻译村”,我第二个报名。不过 Kevin 你可别等到你退休年令再去动这个脑筋,那还得十几年呢。到那时候说不准一美元连一块人民币都不值了,你我那点社安金还能顶啥用?

周丹师妹说得对,要选个好地方。风景气候都要好。杭州的春秋好,冬夏可难熬,Kevin这点你就不知道了。你上次五月底还算是杭州的好时节。再晚两三个星期就入黄霉季节了,无处不湿,玻璃上都会长出霉点来。接下来闷热难熬。杭城学子最可怜,每逢大考,必在大暑高峰期,彻夜难眠。复习一星期不上课,我们常常就背了书包,捧条毯子钻进紫云洞里整天不出来。晚上往往就在洞里过夜了,因为回宿舍根本别想睡觉,空调连校党委办公室都没有。不过那时男男女女分得很清楚,女同学们的阵营我们白天才会过去。

哪怎么不到西湖边去乘凉呢,有人也许会问。外地人哪里知道夏天的傍晚西湖边是最热的。西湖宽阔但水浅。白天日晒一整天,晚上能量释放,古人说:“暖风吹得游人醉”,还真是这样。

---12小时后改---

看了Angeline的帖才知道自己把"黄梅天"写成"黄霉"了, 咳呀! 还有“暖风熏得游人醉”, 熏跟吹可不一样。 不过再想想,也别对自己要求太严格了,谁不信,你要是在国外住上二十年还能说得清一口象样的中国话就不错啦!咱这可不是吹的(是熏的)。

[Edited at 2007-07-06 09:20]
Collapse

David Shen
David Shen  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
《新凉州》 Jul 5, 2007

Martin,

苏 杭 虽 好 人 太 稠,

大 漠 地 广 马 儿 悠,

昆 仑 一 支 清 水 来,

羌 笛 丝 竹 一 样 柔。

Martin Jones wrote:
...Silk Road" [羌中道丝路南路], Dunhuang and Xinjiang is included in our field trip schedule.

Hanyi Magnusson
Hanyi Magnusson  Identity Verified
Bermuda
Local time: 23:02
English to Chinese
+ ...
也来凑个热闹 Jul 5, 2007

看了那么多好照片,思乡病不免要犯。幸好这半年里路过老家两次,也随意拍了几张变化中的上海,顺带一丁点北京,香港和澳门。摄影水平有限,仅供大家消闲:

http://picasaweb.google.com/hanyimagnusson/ChinaThroughLense

要多谢建军的Picasa新发现,果然是好看又好用。

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:02
English to Chinese
+ ...
Just linked your album Jul 5, 2007

Picasa 功能好多,还可以将照片位置标出在 Google 地图上呢!

Hanyi Magnusson wrote:

看了那么多好照片,思乡病不免要犯。幸好这半年里路过老家两次,也随意拍了几张变化中的上海,顺带一丁点北京,香港和澳门。摄影水平有限,仅供大家消闲:

http://picasaweb.google.com/hanyimagnusson/ChinaThroughLense

要多谢建军的Picasa新发现,果然是好看又好用。

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

从我们的摄影镜头里看中国(Seeing China through our camera lenses)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »